Doxa women's watch

Thread: Doxa women's watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa women's watch

With all the talk both from forum members and Doxa itself, I still can't understand why Doxa won't entertain a smaller women's version of the Sub. At Basel this year they introduced the impractical (because of size) corraline, so they must see a market for a women's watch: otherwise why would they go through the expense and time of a design? Even with that design, which wasn't that popular from the feedback, the main objection it seemed was the size. I wish they would consider making one that people would actually purchase.

I have been on the forum for quite a while and it seems that there would definately be a market for a true women's Doxa. I know I would purchase one, if not two, for my Wife and Daughter.

Any thoughts?

Re: Doxa women's watch

I agree with you 1934% ! ! My wife would love a DOXA or 4. The 1000T is a bit smaller but not really a good size for most women. I bought my wife a mid-size Omega Seamaster because I couldn't find anything else she likes.

I think there would be a much bigger market then DOXA thinks. When the 200T's go up for sale they command huge money....yes they are rare but it might also have something to do with the size. Just my 1 cent worth.

Chris

Agreed - my wife would like a Doxa but as she has very narrow wrists would not entertain a full size one. As with the main retail companies like Tag & Omega could Doxa not make a mid size of about 38mm. My wife wears a Tag S/el mid size but she just adores my Seahunter and has tried to wear it but it's just not practical.
    Worth looking into???
    Alasdair

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've agreed with this discussion for a loonnngggg time but Doxa's research says otherwise. IMO, The smaller sub would fit women, boys, girls, and dudes who like to wear smaller Doxas. With prices going up, it's time to produce this smaller, hence less expensive Sub to keep the more 'Frugal' and 'Small Wrist' crowd pleased.

ALSO, if they actually build it I wish they would build a 'true' reissue/replica. Don't try to enhance the design like all the other Sub Releases. This way they can make 10,000 cases and sell them for the next 30 years without having to come out with a new case design every couple years. The retooling of new case designs must kill Doxa's budget! Keep the case the same and go ahead and modify the Dial, Bezel, and bracelet. Heck, throw diamonds on it if ya want to but for goodness sake just make the darn thing!

I guess I'm the lone dissenter when I say the 1000T is an ok size for women. Bigger watches are becoming more and more prevalent on both men and woman. My wife played around with my 750T and yes it hung off her wrist in length but I think the 1000T would fit her ok. Yes it would take up her whole wrist but heah, the 750T takes up my entire wrist.

She thinks the hardest thing to get used to would be the weight. I agree with her on that one but once you get used to it, it's hard to take it off. I like my watches with a little heft. Heck I have one Citizen chronograph(on it's way out the door) that I refuse to wear because it's titanium. I just can't stand not having a chunk of steel on my wrist.

One other thing is the height of the thing. Since the 1000T is taller than the 750T, I think that my wife would have a challenging time, not banging the heck out of the case. That is to be expected I guess though.

My wife loved the pink dial but she loves anything in pink. She could do without the diamonds and I think the mother of pearl w/ normal bezel would be a dream for her.

We have been trying to get my wife a bigger watch, a diver specifically, that still has a feminine look to it. There just aren't many options for big divers for woman. Please Doxa, release a female watch, even if it is in the 1000T case. My wife wants one.
    I have too many watches.....

My little 5 foot 3 wife would likely put the hurt on me to get a doxa the would fit her wrist. Don't give me rumors, give me a watch I can buy!
    Meager Collection
    Casio G-Shock DW-9050, G-Shock GW-M5500A (OD Green)
    CWC G10
    Seiko5 Mil (SNX427), Black Monster, SNX007 on a Super Oyster
    DOXA 750T Sharkhunter Mil ed., 1000T Pro, Deco (Something to wear with a suit!), Aquaman PVD Black Dial
    Citizen Ecodrive BM64000-00E (work watch), PMT56-2731 Promaster Duratec
    Casio Sea Pathfinder SPF70-2V (for my pool crazy 8 year old boy)

I've been trying for years to get Doxa to make a womans diver ... had a couple emails with Rick ... been in hot water a couple times on the forum over it. Yes would buy one or two myself ... but it just isn't happening at this point ....

John M.

I like the idea of a ladies DOXA so much I might even buy one for my
    x-wife Well, that's stretching it a bit but it's still a great idea nonetheless, the ladies DOXA that is
    DHD
    DAVID
    DOXA SUB 750T PROFESSIONAL #3509
    DOXA SUB 750T SHARKHUNTER #610
    DOXA SUB 750T SEARAMBLER #165

I too would be very interested in a ladies Doxa. Like Chris, I also bought the wife a midsized Omega SeaMaster & she loves it. She was a bit hesitant of the size but another female in the store was wearing a BIG watch and she was petite & the wife thought it looked good on her. After the purchase, she began noticing a lot of women wearing big watches and later in the week read in a woman's mag that big watches were the new trend for women. I know we've been dragging this topic around forever now but come on Doxa..............give us what we want.
    Scottie

At this point in the discussion, as much positive feedback as we have received in the past over this, we might as well also suggest a design change and instead of having the aqualung logo on the face, they could put a small gear activated motion on there of a diver beating a dead seahorse......

Troy
    “One person with courage makes a majority.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information