Dreaming Doxa???

Thread: Dreaming Doxa???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dreaming Doxa???

All right, I think things have gone too far! I haven't even recieved my first Doxa (ordered the 40th pro) and it and this forum is having an effect on me.

First, my little daughter comes running up and jumps next to me on the couch and yells, "DADDY!, YOU'RE STILL LOOKING AT WATCHES! I THOUGHT YOU WANTED THE YELLOW ONE!" -as my wife shoots me a look. All I can say is, "hmmm.... just looking."

New routine: Grab laptop, power on, check email, log onto Doxa, resources, official forum. Nuff said.

My family, friends and co-workers, all who have never heard of Doxa before (INCLUDING people who don't really care about watches in general) now, not only know about it, but have been enlightened with some of its history!!!

and finaly.....I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THE SUPER SUB LAST NIGHT!!!!

What is it about Doxa? I can only hope that once the 40th is on my wrist and I have seen enough of the Sea Conqueror, things will return to normal. Orr is it like hockey, once its in your blood....

Re: Dreaming Doxa???

I was in your shoes a short time ago, and now I AM WORSE THAN I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Swan View Post
    All right, I think things have gone too far! I haven't even recieved my first Doxa (ordered the 40th pro) and it and this forum is having an effect on me.

First, my little daughter comes running up and jumps next to me on the couch and yells, "DADDY!, YOU'RE STILL LOOKING AT WATCHES! I THOUGHT YOU WANTED THE YELLOW ONE!" -as my wife shoots me a look. All I can say is, "hmmm.... just looking."

New routine: Grab laptop, power on, check email, log onto Doxa, resources, official forum. Nuff said.

My family, friends and co-workers, all who have never heard of Doxa before (INCLUDING people who don't really care about watches in general) now, not only know about it, but have been enlightened with some of its history!!!

and finaly.....I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THE SUPER SUB LAST NIGHT!!!!

What is it about Doxa? I can only hope that once the 40th is on my wrist and I have seen enough of the Sea Conqueror, things will return to normal. Orr is it like hockey, once its in your blood....
    Swan,

This is to funny. My daughter goes running in to the wife "Mom daddy is looking at watches again".

No one I associate with on a regular basis understands. The thought of paying that much for a watch makes them cringe. As for my wife she thinks I am trading watches. If she only knew. :oops:

I think i saw it in someones post here Watches are like Diamonds for Men.
    Thanks Nick

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My wife doesn't understand why its watches, but is happy its not cars...

Strangely she is quite supportive of this hobby and can be more of an enabler than you guys!

My boy like to "tattle on Daddy looking at watches...again!" until I got him a Casio Sea Pathfinder. Now all he can think about is using it to log his depth and time in the pool.
    Meager Collection
    Casio G-Shock DW-9050, G-Shock GW-M5500A (OD Green)
    CWC G10
    Seiko5 Mil (SNX427), Black Monster, SNX007 on a Super Oyster
    DOXA 750T Sharkhunter Mil ed., 1000T Pro, Deco (Something to wear with a suit!), Aquaman PVD Black Dial
    Citizen Ecodrive BM64000-00E (work watch), PMT56-2731 Promaster Duratec
    Casio Sea Pathfinder SPF70-2V (for my pool crazy 8 year old boy)

Next time the wife rolls her eyes at you, tell her this:

"Honey, at least its not ....." She will not realize that, in fact, it IS "watch ....".

Welcome to the club, though. I scarcely have one watch bought and incoming before I am looking at the next. Try to keep it limited to the Doxa forum if you can, and stay away from the sales forums. You are familiar perhaps with the quote "if you built it they will come"? My mantra has become "if I look I will buy"!

I have also tried to get my fix by limiting to trading. That way, I have to get rid of one or more to get a new one, right? Somehow I always end up with one more watch on the acquisition side of the balance sheet!
    Last edited by cflye; November 2nd, 2007 at 22:01. Reason: more pain
    Chris

Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. Larry the Cable Guy

Quote Originally Posted by cflye View Post

I have also tried to get my fix by limiting to trading. That way, I have to get rid of one or more to get a new one, right? Somehow I always end up with one more watch on the acquisition side of the balance sheet!
    I try to use this same logic. "OH I MUST HAVE THAT ONE!! I WILL SELL XXX TO GET IT!!" But somehow, I never end up selling the one that I had promised myself to sell.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Two words YER DOOMED!!!!

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

I haven't even recieved my first Doxa... once its in your blood....
    You're toast buddy, lol. Planning the next watch before the first one has arrived is completely normal, to us :)
    DW

Dreaming Doxa???

Orr is it like hockey, once its in your blood....
    Man, is THAT comment Freudian or what??

Cheers!
    Bill

PS Don't feel too bad .... I have similar problems; I didn't even know DOXA existed a year ago .....
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Good catch Bill!!! I was wondering if someone was going to pick that up.

Gerald.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information