DWL Book 2nd run - in da house

Thread: DWL Book 2nd run - in da house

DWL Book 2nd run - in da house

480 mile journey yesterday to get 11 boxes of (150) books. Wasn't sure my suspension would take it. Bloody heavy to say the least.

Saturday evening in the Millar household was something like this....

I was a bit worried how the 2nd run would turn out, with using a different printer and non glossy paper and being substantially cheaper etc. In fact I was very pleasantly surprised. These printers did a fantastic job both in quality and speed...12 day turnaround as opposed to 4 months for the first bunch...tossers!!!!

Obviously the images are better with glossy or slightly glossy paper, but the 2nd run turned out great. Some of the images which were saturated blues are a bit worse but 99% of the rest turned out great. Actually the paper is a brighter white and the contrast of black text on paper seems slightly better in the 2nd run. The second run doesn't have the signature page which I thought was only fair as it makes the first run unique.

I did a couple of side by side photos but you couldn't see any difference so I haven't posted them.

Over 50 of the 2nd run books are gone already. Considering that there has been virtually no advertising or reviews in magazines etc, I'm gobsmacked at the response. I'm now going to send books to magazines to see if they will review it. I'd really like to see the stories read by many, many more people.

For those who ordered the 2nd run, I'll have them on their way Monday. For those who bought the watch / book combo, the final 50 1st run books were shipped to Doxa last week. I would expect they will start shipping the outstanding books next week.

Pete

Re: DWL Book 2nd run - in da house

Is that moose giving that teddy bear a backrub?

Good for you Pete! I wish you all the best with the book. It deserves to be read by every SCUBA diver out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Tracy View Post
    Is that moose giving that teddy bear a backrub?

Good for you Pete! I wish you all the best with the book. It deserves to be read by every SCUBA diver out there!
    Thanks Steve.

Actually I'm not sure what the moose is doing to the teddy bear

Our house is full of stuffed animals and Lord knows what they get up to when we aren't here.....

Pete

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's great Doc. It's good to hear that you finally got a stress free run this time around. It's well deserved.

It's no surprise that you're selling these things like hot cakes. It's a mighty fine read for everyone to enjoy.

~Tony
    DOXA Sub 1200T NUMA 01/50

Saving the world one block of C-4 at a time!
    EOD is more than a job in the military. It's a lifestyle.

Pete, I am hoping for a great response from the magazines. Cheryle picked-up a newspaper while we were in Bonaire and she was gobsmacked that there on the 2nd page was a picture of the Legends Stan Waterman and Martha Watkins Gilkes. It was a small article regarding some conservation issues they were spearheading in Fiji.

I feel quite fortunate to be a part of the fledgling start of this book, because I hope that someday it will be a huge success. I know it is good enough to be quite successful
    Best Regards,
    Jason

It doesn't look like a back rub to me either.....if thats a "Black Bear" maybe you'll have a "Chockolate Moose" born down the road a bit!
    Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdoctor View Post
    Thanks Steve.

Actually I'm not sure what the moose is doing to the teddy bear

Our house is full of stuffed animals and Lord knows what they get up to when we aren't here.....

Pete
    "The Best Dives Start With A Giant Stride"
    Doxa Army
    Doxa Sub 250T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300 Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300 U.S. Divers “Blacklung”
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S. Divers Conquistador
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Sharkhunter “Silver Shark”
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Searambler
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers/Syncron Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Professional
    Doxa Sub 600T Spirotechnique Professional
    Etc.

I'm glad to see that this time got to fruition so fast. As I said before I want two of this masterpiece that anybody that came closer to water at any time in their life must read!! Once again thanks Pete for enlightening us!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

That's very welcome news, Pete! Looking forward to reading the book when it comes.

I think Jason mentioned Stan Waterman - for those in the Southern California area, there's going to be a major SCUBA expo in Long Beach in May, and Stan will be one of the featured speakers.

Cheers,

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Excellent news Pete, Sure seems like you are always putting out 250% on these little projects of yours. I mean who out there would drive that kinda distance on there own nickle to do this for other people to enjoy a read. Not many my friend!!! I want to THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR US!!!! Thanks Pete!!! I really mean that.

Now then .... you said "I did a couple of side by side photos but you couldn't see any difference so I haven't posted them." Isn't that the point between the 2 editions? I think we would have like to have seen that and you could have run a contest, whoever could guess which one was the 2nd edition got it for free!!! I think we would have all given our best guess. hahahaha

There other thing I did want to say Pete, is man you go away to work for 6 weeks at a time, come home for 2 weeks ... and this is what you do with your time off??? Again Pete, Thank you sooooo much you really are a Good Man!!

Kathy and I look forward to the new edition as well and wish you and the wife the best. You need to get out here to California with the little woman so we can take you guys out to a nice dinner here in the bay area.

Thanks again Pete,

John

Thread Information