Ernest Borel/Doxa -- Help

Thread: Ernest Borel/Doxa -- Help

Confused Ernest Borel/Doxa -- Help

Hello I am new to forum and Doxa. My wonderful husband got me started on nice fine watches.

I purchased a watch that has Ernest Borel on Face, but has the Doxa marking on the back.

Can anyone tell me anything about this watch?
    See pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Ernest Borel/Doxa -- Help

Welcome to the wacky and wonderful world of Doxa.

It's sometimes wacky with all the ownership changes and collaborations over the years, you never know what'll pop up. Wonderful because just when you thought you've seen it all something totally new and stunning will show up out of nowhere, like your watch.

You may not find out much about your watch here. This forum is dedicated more to Doxa divers and sport watches than to anything else, but it never hurts to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Hello I am new to forum and Doxa. My wonderful husband got me started on nice fine watches.

I purchased a watch that has Ernest Borel on Face, but has the Doxa marking on the back.

Can anyone tell me anything about this watch?
    See pictures.
    First, . It is always good to have a female point of view here on the the Doxa site.

Is it possible to take some closer pics? So that we could all see the dial a little better. Like Bo said, we may not be able to offer much info here, but I bet several people will try. The Sub series of Doxas that were first produced in 1967 is more of the specialty around here. With some closer shots though, one of the other guys might be able to chime in.......
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here might be a clue as to how it has happened. Quote from history of Borel.
    . Jean-Louis Borel managed Ernest Borel up to 1975, when it was bought by the firm Aubry Frčre S. A. The company was sold to a Hong Kong based company in 1989.

In 1955 Ernest Borel used movements from A. Schild, Font and ETA. When Aubry Frčre SA purchased the company, it became a party within the CYMA-group (Synchron SA).

There is info everywhere you look.
    Alasdair

Picture Re: Ernest Borel/Doxa -- Help

I will take some more pictures and post them in a few.

Thanks,
    Echo

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    First, . It is always good to have a female point of view here on the the Doxa site.

Is it possible to take some closer pics? So that we could all see the dial a little better. Like Bo said, we may not be able to offer much info here, but I bet several people will try. The Sub series of Doxas that were first produced in 1967 is more of the specialty around here. With some closer shots though, one of the other guys might be able to chime in.......

Thread Information