Faded Dial on 1000T
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Faded Dial on 1000T

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Faded Dial on 1000T

Have owned for six years since new a 1000T Professional.

A few days ago I noticed that the dial had faded. Orange is still strong under bezel and around the pin holding the hands, but the rest is faded.

i've contacted Doxa and they say this is the first time they have ever seen this issue (I sent a picture which showed fading). They said the only way this could have happened is if it was left on the dashboard of a car for a long time or water had gotten in. Neither has ever happened to the watch, nor anything else unusual. Heck, I work in an office!

Has anyone ever heard of this? They are at present saying I have to pay for a new dial.

Thanks,

Chris

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Faded Dial on 1000T

Quote Originally Posted by ChamplainRover View Post
    Have owned for six years since new a 1000T Professional.

A few days ago I noticed that the dial had faded. Orange is still strong under bezel and around the pin holding the hands, but the rest is faded.

i've contacted Doxa and they say this is the first time they have ever seen this issue (I sent a picture which showed fading). They said the only way this could have happened is if it was left on the dashboard of a car for a long time or water had gotten in. Neither has ever happened to the watch, nor anything else unusual. Heck, I work in an office!

Has anyone ever heard of this? They are at present saying I have to pay for a new dial.

Thanks,

Chris
    Chris, do you have any photos showing the fading? I've been on this forum since 2006, and I've read every post in every thread since then, and this is the first I've heard of such an issue too. How bad is the fading? It sounds like the watch has been taken apart, if you can see the dial under the bezel. Is it that noticeable when assembled? Doesn't sound like moisture either, since moisture turns the lume dark, but never seen any fading from moisture.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

You know, the older Rolex models get VERY expensive with faded dials..........I'm just sayin'

Show some pictures. I am not sure that I wouldn't just live with the fade.......But it is tough to say without pictures. This is also the first time I have heard of a Doxa dial fading.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
    You know, the older Rolex models get VERY expensive with faded dials..........I'm just sayin'

Show some pictures. I am not sure that I wouldn't just live with the fade.......But it is tough to say without pictures. This is also the first time I have heard of a Doxa dial fading.
    I have tried to submit the same photo I sent on to Doxa, but it says the file is too large.

I have tried to submit the same photo I sent on to Doxa, but it says the file is too large.
    Probably best to host the photo on Photobucket, then attach it to your post.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Have just sent photo to another member who will kindly be posting a picture for me.

The fading is more evident in person than in picture, but you'll see the orange is darker around the center pin and under the bezel.

Thanks,

Chris

Have just sent photo to another member who will kindly be posting a picture for me.

The fading is more evident in person than in picture, but you'll see the orange is darker around the center pin and under the bezel.

Thanks,

Chris
    Great Chris, we'll stand by for the pics.

Chris sent me the picture. I personally like it, but I could see why someone might feel the need to change it. What does everyone else think??

Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
    Chris sent me the picture. I personally like it, but I could see why someone might feel the need to change it. What does everyone else think??

I actually like it, gives it a certain special used and aged look. If it was mine I'd keep it just the way it is :)
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    I actually like it, gives it a certain special used and aged look. If it was mine I'd keep it just the way it is :)
    Oris had problems a few years ago with fading on some of their dials. Since this is a one-of-a-kind issue the problem doesn't lie with DOXA's manufacturing process, but it's worth mentioning because in the case of the Oris watches, WUS member and professional watchmaker Archer found peripheral damage was being done to other components: Faded Blue Diver Face - ORIS Watch Forum - Friends of ORIS. I actually like the look and am seeking one of these Divers Dates now, but if the OP is considering leaving the watch as is, it might be worth having a watchmaker give it the once over to make sure that whatever happened to this dial isn't causing problems elsewhere in the watch.
    Last edited by ljb187; April 19th, 2013 at 01:13.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information