Fake DOXAS are (or could be) coming! Beware!

Thread: Fake DOXAS are (or could be) coming! Beware!

Fake DOXAS are (or could be) coming! Beware!

I couldn't believe it! I know about the Seiko redialed numbers, but check out this site...

http://www.watchesshopping.net/searc...asp?Brand=Doxa

First, they're pics from the actual Doxa website, so maybe nothing even exists... but I was just about to finalize a Doxa GMT purchase and this make me nervous. I like the idea of this obscure brand not having attracted fakes. Maybe it's a good sign, the brand must be getting attention from people other than us!

I think in about a day I'll get over this nervousness and bite the bullet.

So is this site itself BS or do I have to worry?

Martin

PS: If anybody is a good judge of the Carib 750 GMT, please PM me, I'd like to send you the pics I have and double check that it's legit. I think it is, but the idea of fakes just ruins my day. I didn't post it here bc it's not fair to the seller, who seems legit.
    Planet Ocean 45mm (Black on Black)
    Doxa 5000T Professional

Re: Fake DOXAS are (or could be) coming! Beware!

Hi Martin, thank you for posting, this has been posted here before.

Those items listed do not exist and are not available (except for 3 or 4), see this on the main menu "Too many results? Use our search tool?" So apart from selling a few fakes of Swiss watches, those sites are traffic generators for other sites and credit card and email collecting mechanisms, but they could also be selling a few replicas they have access to.

Until today, no modern DOXA SUB fake is available.

Please beware of such sites and don't transmit your personal or credit card details to their servers as they are not secure

DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; April 18th, 2010 at 23:38.

Much appreciated! Amazing stuff!
    Planet Ocean 45mm (Black on Black)
    Doxa 5000T Professional

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you google map their address and go to satellite view and zoom in it shows a store front with a 'for let' sign.... Beware isn't a strong enough word

Pete

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

No worries, your GMT is most certainly real (no fakes of this or any other modern DOXA SUB has yet been seen anywhere).

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    ...Until today, no modern DOXA SUB fake is available...

DOXA
    I'd just like to clarify for Rick, as to some English speakers, his statement above might be read as if there were now DOXA SUB fakes available. This is neither the case nor his intended meaning. A more common wording for us Yanks would be "As of today" or "Currently".

If/when an accurate fake (close enough to fool the casual buyer) ever does get produced, rest assured we will make them well known, and well publicize any tell tale traits, in an effort to protect the DOXA fans as well as DOXA's good name .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

My take on that site is that it may be a marketing tool, to see if it would be worth their while to produce fake DOXAs.
    Every time somebody clicks on one of the "out of stock" watches it may be a vote to produce that model as a fake.
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

Knowing that my Doxa is 100% real makes me love it that much more. Im sure it gets annoying for Rolex and Breitling owners as the first question most people ask is "Is it real?"
    -Doxa SUB 1000T White Sharkhunter LE, Grail #1: 0580/5000
    -TAG Heuer Monza "Heuer" Reissue
    -Shinola Runwell 47 Chronograph
    -Lum-Tec M75 Titanium LE, #84/85
    -Lum-Tec M82 #84/100
    -Geckota C-01 VK64 Chronograph
    -Citizen "Eco-Zilla"
    -Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick II Chronograph

Sold
    -Tourneu Safari Chronograph
    -Seiko SKX781: The Orange Monster
    -BaliHa'i Ha'i-Q: 041/250

DFG's (Distant Future Grails):
    Bremont Norton LE
    Omega SpeedMaster Co-Axial GMT Chrono

"A man can yell, swear, bark, stomp and stare...but if he quietly removes his watch, watch out."

Nobody bothers to ask me if my Rolex Sub is real. I don't look, act, or dress like a real Rolex owner.

The real problem with a true fake, not a homage, is that they may not even be water resistant. A friend of mine bought an expensive fake, a very nice looking blue dial gold and SS Sub. He wore it proudly and flashed it at the ladies. About a year later it fogged up and he had to throw it away.

Several years ago I bought a fake Sub. It didn't last a week.:oops:
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Let's keep in mind general rules here on Watchuseek. One of Ernie's most stringent premises is that we do not discuss fakes, without specific approval and reason (generally the reason being to warn others who might unwittingly buy one, not intentionally buy one).

When one intentionally buys one, they enable those who make/sell and profit from them. This encourages the market, and aids those who ultimately steal from both companies and individuals. And the troubles with them go far beyond water resistance. First and foremost, they are theft of a companies trademark protected designs. Next, they could be used to dupe buyers into paying "real" money for a rip off product.

But again, we'll not go into a discussion of fakes here. This thread has run it's course, a concern was voiced, has been addressed, and the faithful have been assured the watches pictured (yes, the pictures are of real DOXA's, from a former AD when they were carrying them) are not being produced as fakes.

I'll close the thread now to avoid having to clean up discussion of fakes in violation of Watchuseek rules.
    Last edited by T Bone; April 19th, 2010 at 17:41.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thread Information