a few questions

Thread: a few questions

a few questions

hi guys,

something of a growing interest in doxa's, really digging the case design and vintage roots. i seldom wear auto's when i am on duty, but i love 'em. was wondering what the crown feels like on a doxa, does it have that "wobble" that most crowns do, or does it feel solid, what the threading action like.

i know what the winding is like, cos its the same movement as my SAR.
    and what kind of work do Doxa do on service and restoration?

i am still undecided as yet...but you never know when the i will get tango'd (those from the UK will know what I am on about )

thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------------------
    http://flickr.com/photos/farhandin

Re: a few questions

Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    was wondering what the crown feels like on a doxa, does it have that "wobble" that most crowns do, or does it feel solid, what the threading action like.

i know what the winding is like, cos its the same movement as my SAR.
    and what kind of work do Doxa do on service and restoration?

i am still undecided as yet...but you never know when the i will get tango'd (those from the UK will know what I am on about )

thanks in advance!
    Crown feels solid to me, more so than any of my Seikos which are my only lower end autos. Threading is also nice and smooth.

There are several places that restore Doxa's and Doxa themselves has several service departments depending on customer locations in the world.

Don't know what "tango'd" means but if it means getting a Doxa, it's a good thing.

One more word, I don't know what "on duty" means to you but I'm active duty military and wear a Sharkhunter GMT about 50% of the time with the other 50% going to a Marathon Chrono. The Doxa wears great and I have no concerns about it while at work.

Hope this helps.
    I have too many watches.....

No wobbles in Doxaland. I have three different reissue Doxas and the crowns are all solid as a rock. They thread as smooth as a hot knife through butter.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStatic View Post
    Crown feels solid to me, more so than any of my Seikos which are my only lower end autos. Threading is also nice and smooth.

There are several places that restore Doxa's and Doxa themselves has several service departments depending on customer locations in the world.

Don't know what "tango'd" means but if it means getting a Doxa, it's a good thing.

One more word, I don't know what "on duty" means to you but I'm active duty military and wear a Sharkhunter GMT about 50% of the time with the other 50% going to a Marathon Chrono. The Doxa wears great and I have no concerns about it while at work.

Hope this helps.
    on duty to me is the police force. active police officer.
    good to hear that it can hold its own.

Quote Originally Posted by raydin View Post
    on duty to me is the police force. active police officer.
    good to hear that it can hold its own.
    That's what I was kinda thinking. If you find yourself in a lot of fights, maybe the g-shock would be the financially safer option. I was a cop for 3 years before the military and I think, given some of the calls I went on, I probably would not wear a Doxa if I had the same job today. I sported a g-shock most of the time then mixed some times with a Luminox Stealth. I kept my gear "disposable" if you know what I mean.

My current job as a military pilot, I don't find myself getting into fights all the time and the big worry about wearing an expensive watch is banging it on something hard and jagged in the jet.

YMMV and I certainly don't want to discourage a possible Doxa purchase but depending on how "rough" your beat is, the Doxa may not be a safe financial choice. I'm sure it would take the dings, it just would break my heart if I had to beat my watch like that.

Best of luck and stay safe!
    I have too many watches.....

Hi Raydin - good to see another brummie on the forum

Not had any problems with the crowns on any of my Doxa's - all feel pretty solid, not like the one on my Seiko.
    Chris

Doxa, Smiths, Precista, Longines,
    CWC. Casio Baby-G, Rolex

"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you´re racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
    (Steve McQueen, 1971)

For "On-The-Job" my vote goes to a G-Shock as well. They're very tough, light, and not a burden if it gets trashed. Most of my fellow firefighters where one. When I'm on EMS duty, my choice is a Luminox for the second hand and no buttons to push for night visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Hi Raydin - good to see another brummie on the forum

Not had any problems with the crowns on any of my Doxa's - all feel pretty solid, not like the one on my Seiko.
    Alright Chris mate! good to see another Brummie as well!
    i am sitting on the fence regarding a Seiko Marine Master and a Doxa 750T perhaps....but just weighing up my options right now.

ta!

Thread Information