First "aqueous" pictures (1000T sharky)

Thread: First "aqueous" pictures (1000T sharky)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First "aqueous" pictures (1000T sharky)

I did on sunday a small "mission" with my 1000T Sharhunter, to test a new digital camera of that sort :

before taking it along with me in a next diving expedition. The nearest open water from Lyon city is 10 min away, Geneva highway east. It's a natural reservoir and waters come from the Geneva lake by the Rhône. Quite popular on this July suny sunday, 34 deg C (93 F), waters seem quite fresh. We go just snorkeling

Hey! the weather is so clear today that we can even see the Mont Blanc 70 miles away (15,780 feet, the black arrow below), the highest european peak.

While I become familiar with the camera functions, I suddently heard : "Hey! Mister, Mister, please!!"... What's going there? A young lady is approaching swimming with energy. "My friend just lost an expensive pair of glasses overthere, please could you help us to recover it?". I just passed a few days ago a PADI qualification "recovery of objects" !!! Excellent application test... I consider the "likely area" and start the search...

I find first a pair of sunglasses but not the proper one . Gift for the ladies....After about 10 min, I sucessfully catch the right under the general admiration ... A bit proud, I return proceeding to my initial mission ...

What time is ?

Water looks clean but really not clear, opalescent, almost fantomatic. One can barely see the tip of the fins...

Let's go for a small exploration in this way.

After half a mile of nothing (just a small cat fish...), and 20 min,

I finally find a nice meadow of myriophylla, a subaquatic plant that is invasive in the US but indigen here in Europe.

As usual when photographying, I did not see the time passing while shoting pictures and pictures.

Let's return gently

My lovely Sub 1000T, really looks in its natural element, happy like a trout in fresh water !

Last edited by marc_wl; July 16th, 2007 at 18:23.

Jean-Marc - From what we get we make a living. From what we give we make a life.

Re: First "aqueous" pictures (1000T sharky)

Very nice photos!
    Rod

The Short List:
    Omega SMP Bond
    Rolex Submariner 16610
    Seiko 6109

Great photos, Marc . How is the camera case? Was it working well? I plan to get one for my Canon. -cheers,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by meenyc View Post
    Great photos, Marc . How is the camera case? Was it working well? I plan to get one for my Canon. -cheers,
    The case is OK. Needs some training to feel well the shutter and auto focusing. It can be used using a single hand. I had to use it up down using the left hand to catch properly the shutter pusher. I will paint it in red because I confused several time with the on/off button. That Fantasea case is a bit more resistant than usual (7 atm instead of 5 usually). The Nikon L11 is very basic. The sensitivity (800 ASA) is not the best.

Jean-Marc - From what we get we make a living. From what we give we make a life.

Quote Originally Posted by marc_wl View Post
    The case is OK. Needs some training to feel well the shutter and auto focusing. It can be used using a single hand. I had to use it up down using the left hand to catch properly the shutter pusher. I will paint it in red because I confused several time with the on/off button. That Fantasea case is a bit more resistant than usual (7 atm instead of 5 usually). The Nikon L11 is very basic. The sensitivity (800 ASA) is not the best.
    Thanks for the info. Just check their website. They only made for DSLR and Nikon Coolpix. Not for my Canon Powershot.

Quote Originally Posted by meenyc View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just check their website. They only made for DSLR and Nikon Coolpix. Not for my Canon Powershot.
    Strange policy . May be a special agreement with Nikon? I guess that Ikelite and Canon sells the proper case for your Powershot (A540?)

Cheers,

thanks for the tips - will check them out..

Marc,
    Grand merci pour ces belles photos sous-marines!!!
    Cela fait plaisir de tomber sur du français
    As Marc is living in Lyon, I have to say that this city is absolutely fabulous!!! So if you intend to travel to France, take the time to visit this city!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc_wl View Post
    I did on sunday a small "mission" with my 1000T Sharhunter, to test a new digital camera of that sort :

before taking it along with me in a next diving expedition. The nearest open water from Lyon city is 10 min away, Geneva highway east. It's a natural reservoir and waters come from the Geneva lake by the Rhône. Quite popular on this July suny sunday, 34 deg C (93 F), waters seem quite fresh. We go just snorkeling

Hey! the weather is so clear today that we can even see the Mont Blanc 70 miles away (15,780 feet, the black arrow below), the highest european peak.

While I become familiar with the camera functions, I suddently heard : "Hey! Mister, Mister, please!!"... What's going there? A young lady is approaching swimming with energy. "My friend just lost an expensive pair of glasses overthere, please could you help us to recover it?". I just passed a few days ago a PADI qualification "recovery of objects" !!! Excellent application test... I consider the "likely area" and start the search...

I find first a pair of sunglasses but not the proper one . Gift for the ladies....After about 10 min, I sucessfully catch the right under the general admiration ... A bit proud, I return proceeding to my initial mission ...

What time is ?

Water looks clean but really not clear, opalescent, almost fantomatic. One can barely see the tip of the fins...

Let's go for a small exploration in this way.

After half a mile of nothing (just a small cat fish...), and 20 min,

I finally find a nice meadow of myriophylla, a subaquatic plant that is invasive in the US but indigen here in Europe.

As usual when photographying, I did not see the time passing while shoting pictures and pictures.

Let's return gently

My lovely Sub 1000T, really looks in its natural element, happy like a trout in fresh water !

:thanks for your interest!

To help you in finding your way in case of necessity :

Google map

Shot at 2007-07-16

Great post Marc and a rescue mission too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information