First Doxa Purchase
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First Doxa Purchase

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Doxa Purchase

Maybe this post is completely wrong for this forum…

I have a modest watch collection ranging from Breguets, Rolexes, Omegas and Zeniths at the higher end of the spectrum through to Christopher Ward, Seiko and Tag. What I'm trying to say that I basically Buy watches that catch my eye and not necessarily on brand. When I first saw the sub 300 50th anniversary I got quite excited and decided to take the plunge even though I have never seen a Doxa Watch live. My excitement increased reading all the hype in this forum about the watch. Unfortunately, having worn it for a few days now, in my opinion, the watch does not live up to the hype and is indeed below my expectations for a $2000 watch. My limited edition Christopher Ward which cost me less than half the price is a much better finished watch. Even my Steinhart Ocean Vintage is better quality in my opinion at less than a quarter of the price of my Doxa. I wish I felt differently about this watch as I was really looking forward to it. Now please don't bite my head off for expressing my honest opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chrisher; January 25th, 2017 at 17:08.

Re: First Doxa Purchase

I, for one, certainly hope that no one "bites your head off". You obviously have some very nice watches in your collection and know something about good watches. I'm glad to hear your view of the newest Doxa. I have two Doxa 1200T watches ( a Professional and a Sharkhunter) and am very happy with both. However, I respect and appreciate your view on the 50th anniv. 300 Sub.
    Chrisher likes this.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

What exactly are you finding fault with? I own many Rolex, an IWC split-minute Aqua-timer, Aquadive, and a host of vintage divers. The most pieces in my collection are DOXA (20 Subs), and the quality is right on par with everything else.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Same here, I have owned ceramic Rolex subs, vintage red subs, Rolex GMT's and explorers, various Omega seamasters and speedmasters, and what has been on my wrist for the last 30 days is the doxa anniversary sub, even when I go to put one of my Rolex on it doesn't stay very long and I go back to my Doxa pro. So I don't think you will have anyone siding with you here, and it's not because we haven't had or currently own other high end brands. 38109914]What exactly are you finding fault with? I own many Rolex, an IWC split-minute Aqua-timer, Aquadive, and a host of vintage divers. The most pieces in my collection are DOXA (20 Subs), and the quality is right on par with everything else.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

For me the most important thing about a watch is how you feel with it on.

There are many masterworks in watches that I will not ever wear, but with the Doxas it has been different, for long time I was looking at them but it was only when I got one that I really felt in love.
    Last edited by Monet_Briard; January 30th, 2017 at 11:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Monet_Briard View Post
    Hello,

For me the most important thing about a watch is how you feel with it on.

There are many masterworks in watches that I will not ever wear, but with the Doxas it has been different, for long time I was looking at them but it was only when I got one that I really felt in love.
    I reckon you've summed it up pretty bloody well mate....not knocking any other brand! Actually quite the opposite..but a Doxa is a wrist magnet...Dave

As one of only two Doxa owners in southeastern Ohio (that I'm aware of) I did recently have the opportunity to do a side by side comparison with a Rolex Deep Sea. I was disappointed in the Rolex, to be quite honest, I felt the Omega Planet Ocean or the Brietling SuperOcean were both more impressive. However, I felt my Doxa was just as high a quality as any of the high end watches I looked at that day.
    Love my 1500 Pro, but to each their own!

I guess that I came at it from another angle in that I really liked the Doxa watch (SUB300 Pro 50th Anniversary) and the build quality seemed good - but at almost £2000 in the UK, Doxa are competing in the same market as the venerable Omega Seamaster so quality should be a given.
    However it was the customer service which turned me right off - which was some achievement after eagerly waiting for 8 months before it arrived during which time Doxa did a great job of keeping us all hooked on developments.
    Just as an aside I was also not wildly impressed with overenthusiastic moderators locking threads on Doxa forums thereby removing the opportunity to provide updates.
    In my view the best customer service is the one that is delivered consistently. Sadly in my experience Doxa seem almost bipolar in terms of giving completely contradictory messages out to customers - or just not responding.
    Sadly it's all just too confusing for me to feel good / safe with Doxa as a £2000 investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May be the main problem is the last word "investment" if you were looking for so you should have choosen gold or diamonds.
    Watches is not the best value for investing and even worse if you buy new

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI VNS-L31 mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by Monet_Briard; January 31st, 2017 at 07:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Monet_Briard View Post
    May be the main problem is the last word "investment" if you were looking for so you should have choosen gold or diamonds.
    Watches is not the best value for investing and even worse if you buy new

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI VNS-L31 mediante Tapatalk
    Too true, I've never once bought a watch as an investment but always because I like them. If investing to speculate its property every time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information