First Doxa purchase!
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First Doxa purchase!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First Doxa purchase!

Hello, fellow WUS members. I am new to the world of Doxa, and just ordered my first Doxa last night. I decided to get a SUB 1200T Professional. My father owned a 1000T Sharkhunter several years ago, and I have always had an interest since then. I have always thought that Doxa was a very unique watch brand and that there was nothing like a Doxa. I have been on WUS for a while, but just recently started to hang out on the Doxa forum. I haven't really posted much on these forums at all, and I hope to change that. I was mainly making this post to introduce myself as a new Doxa forum member, and kind of get the feel for the people on this forum. I look forward to being a part of this forum. By the way, how do you 1200T owners like your Doxa?
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600
    Rolex GMT-Master 16750
    Stowa Marine Original
    Seiko 6309-7040
    Seiko 6105-8000

Re: First Doxa purchase!

Welcome! You're right, Doxas are great watches. But, be warned, they are addictive ;)

Especially for someone with a taste for classic Seiko divers...

Let's see pics when your new addition arrives!

Banned

Congrats,
    1200T is a beauty. Please post some pics for us to check it out when you receive it. I will be adding a second DOXA soon, after a 4000T and need to get off the fence or open the wallet.

WatchDialOrange likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome, natedadude. You have made an excellent choice (mind you, I'm biased). I just don't like my 1200T - I love it. I think the 1200T is perfect for my wrist size (6.75") and is a substantial piece of hardware. Heavy, but not too. The bracelet is extremely comfortable, fit & finish is excellent and the depth and richness of the (orange paint on) the dial is just beautiful and a joy to look at. Mine being the limited edition DWL is just icing on an already very nice watch -eh, cake.

To hold you over till yours arrives:

Name:  120428_DWL_11_99_3m.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  149.8 KB

RonB

well done, young man. Post some pics when you get it.
    Last edited by David Woo; August 6th, 2013 at 04:43.

Thanks for all of your replies. I already feel that this is going to be a wonderful forum to spend my time on. I love seeing other member's Doxas, it gives me the motivation for my next. I will definitely be posting some pictures when it arrives. I do have one question that I can't seem to find the answer to by researching, however. What does the "T" mean in the Doxa world? Like as in T-Graph or 1200T. Thank you.
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600
    Rolex GMT-Master 16750
    Stowa Marine Original
    Seiko 6309-7040
    Seiko 6105-8000

Welcome to the Forum natedadude!

From the beginning the T stood for Tritium, which was used for luminance on the hands and dialmarkers but it was "banned" in about 2002 and after that Superluminova is used instead. Today the T stands for "Taucher" which is the german word for diver.

If you haven't already you should check out Dr. Pete Millars webpage about Doxa Subs here and definitely get his great free ebook "10 Years of the DOXA SUB" which you can download in his thread for it here.

Last edited by Snulle; August 6th, 2013 at 10:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Snulle View Post
    Welcome to the Forum natedadude!

From the beginning the T stood for Tritium, which was used for luminance on the hands and dialmarkers but it was "banned" in about 2002 and after that Superluminova is used instead. Today the T stands for "Taucher" which is the german word for diver.
    Except for the 800Ti which Doxa was able to use tritium in a sealed glass tubes.

That said, welcome natedadude!

Quote Originally Posted by JBPilot View Post
    Except for the 800Ti which Doxa was able to use tritium in a sealed glass tubes.
    Ah yes, forgot about that

No worries!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information