first time doxa advice.

Thread: first time doxa advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

first time doxa advice.

Hello all, I've come across several doxa's for sale recently, and can't decide between them. I was thinking a 1000t and a NATO strap, but those military style pvd 1000t's are pretty slick too. Thirdly is the blue dialed Caribbean 5000t (significantly more expensive). I would love to hear opinions among them from the experts here on the forum.

And one final question, I've noticed the 750t's moving significantly faster than the 1000's. Would they be a better choice.

I appreciate the education!
    Last edited by Jason71; May 17th, 2010 at 02:25. Reason: spelling ;-)

Re: first time doxa advice.

Welcome to the forum Diphalic

It might help to know what sized watches you typically wear and what your wrist size is............. to give us a better understanding of what might work for you the best.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

i have a 6.5" wrist, and I currently only have a few watches that are 42 or 43mm diameter. I haven't had an opportunity to try on Doxa, but it has been one of my grails since I knew what a watch was. I hope this info can help you to help me!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Go with a 1000t/1200t. It will fit on your wrist nicely.
    I have a 6.5" and most of my watches are around 42mm also.
    I can post wrist pics if you want.
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

that would be awesome jay. that would give me a much better idea on what to expect. I was hoping for my next watch to be something that popped off my wrist without making me look like a rapper. lol

I also have a 6 /12" wrist. I have owned most of the reissues including the 750T, 5000T and T-Graph. I could never get quite comfortable with the 750 size case (the 3 above but in varying thickness).
    I now have a 1200T and 1000T and they are the perfect size for me. The case on the 1200T is slightly thicker but the overall height of the two are about the same.
    Having said all that, I may end up with a T-Graph again because, for me, it is the best of all.
    Even though I grew out of my "large watch" phase, I sometimes still want to wear one.
    Good luck. They a great watches by a great company..............

Bill

I've had my eye on a few of the 1000t's on the forum here, they seem to come up pretty frequently. The way I see it though, the clive cussler 1000t or dirk pitt 600t editions seem to fetch the same price and i've been a die-hard cussler fan since I was able to read. I also read some good things about the 1200dwl.

So I think you guys have settled me on either of the 1000 or 1200, but anyone know about the 600? is it a similar size to those two or is it more in line with the 750/5000?

Dimensions of the 600T are the same as 1000T except for the overall thickness. It is a bit thinner and, for some, is more comfortable on the wrist as it doesn't ride a high.
    Also the center links are polished which some prefer because it looks more vintage.
    Remember that the 600T was issued before the 750T and well before the
    1000T. I don't remember the year issued but if you buy one, it may be close to time for service, depending on your theory on cleaning and lubrication.
    Some have service done every 5 years and some don't until they have issues. Your call.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Diphalic View Post
    that would be awesome jay. that would give me a much better idea on what to expect. I was hoping for my next watch to be something that popped off my wrist without making me look like a rapper. lol
    Here it go. I have a 1200t but It's pretty much identical in size as the 1000t

Pretty much same size as a Seiko 007

Hope it helps
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

Quote Originally Posted by jay.scratch View Post
    Here it go. I have a 1200t but It's pretty much identical in size as the 1000t

Love that strap combo, where can i get one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information