Fitting Strap

Thread: Fitting Strap

Fitting Strap

Help wanted I have just received my Doxa 1200 and want to fit the rubber strap my Insofrane Strap. How is it done ?????
    Mancuniandragon living in Good Old Blighty

Re: Fitting Strap

Removing the bracelet or installing the Isofrane - or both?

If you are not comfortable with removing the bracelet and installing the strap, I would suggest you take the watch/strap to your local jeweler. Here in my small town the jeweler will do the bracelet removal and strap replacement for $10. He does it expertly with no damage to the watch. Peace of mind is worth $10 to me. Cheers, Bill P.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just removal of bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by Mancuniandragon View Post
    Just removal of bracelet
    I know why you're having trouble, my experience is that DOXA bracelets are harder than most to remove! As part of a post about my Searambler on Isofrane I added this about removing the bracelet:

Initially I found that this bracelet much harder to remove than other bracelets I owned. I think that secret is that DOXA's end links fit very snugly into the lugs so you need to apply a fair amount of pressure on the top of those end links with the fingers/thumb on one hand while simultaneously using the spring bar tool and pulling away from the lugs with the digits on your other hand. On one side I didn't even realize that both ends of the spring bar were free of the lug holes at first. Once I did I needed to tug at both sides of the bracelet to free it from the lugs. The process will go smoother next time and I think the snug fit is a real benefit for a watch that could potentially get banged around some.

So what I'm doing is pushing down fairly firmly on the end links from the top (dial) side watch with my left hand while using my right to work the tool and depress the spring bars while pulling the bracelet way from the watch with the other fingers on that hand. You just need to be aware that because of the end link's tight fit those bars might be free without you knowing it. That's why an extra bit of force all the way around helps. At a certain point a light bulb will come on and all the different movements will come together so that the process makes sense - it did for me anyway. I hope all this isn't too confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    I know why you're having trouble, my experience is that DOXA bracelets are harder than most to remove! As part of a post about my Searambler on Isofrane I added this about removing the bracelet:

Initially I found that this bracelet much harder to remove than other bracelets I owned. I think that secret is that DOXA's end links fit very snugly into the lugs so you need to apply a fair amount of pressure on the top of those end links with the fingers/thumb on one hand while simultaneously using the spring bar tool and pulling away from the lugs with the digits on your other hand. On one side I didn't even realize that both ends of the spring bar were free of the lug holes at first. Once I did I needed to tug at both sides of the bracelet to free it from the lugs. The process will go smoother next time and I think the snug fit is a real benefit for a watch that could potentially get banged around some.

So what I'm doing is pushing down fairly firmly on the end links from the top (dial) side watch with my left hand while using my right to work the tool and depress the spring bars while pulling the bracelet way from the watch with the other fingers on that hand. You just need to be aware that because of the end link's tight fit those bars might be free without you knowing it. That's why an extra bit of force all the way around helps. At a certain point a light bulb will come on and all the different movements will come together so that the process makes sense - it did for me anyway. I hope all this isn't too confusing!
    I have now completed the change of strap and you are correct in that the fixture of the bracelet is indeed a tight fit and awkward to do. Thanks for the replies will post photo with new strap

Thread Information