Food For Thought

Thread: Food For Thought

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Food For Thought

I think everyone here can agree that the 800 TI could possibly be one of the coolest of Doxa's line of subs. I was wondering since the introduction of tubes could this be steps towards what I think could be a really cool sub IF you're a lume junkie like me.
    Let me elaborate. What if we took that same 800 and left everything exactly the same, BUT, on each side of the marker tubes they incorporated C3 super luminova. We already have a marker at the hour indicies left and right of the tube now, so what if they painted some glow C3 sl.
    I don't know if it's possible or allowable since you have tubes but I have seen it on other brands but not done right. I think Doxa's dial layout is perfect for that set up.
    What do you guy's think? Cool, not cool, wishfull thinking, lines are open. :thanks

Re: Food For Thought

I don't know. Think I'm probably the only guy out here who is turned off by the tubes. I like what they do, but think they make a dial look ugly...but that's just my .02. Don't like them on the Marathon or Ball watches, and hate what they do on the 800. What I'd like to see is the raised indices like on the 5000T, but black with lots of super luminova.

Banned

I'll toss in my opinion....I think the idea of using Ti is great but the tubes turned me off too. It would be great if an option came up that used Ti case but a more typical style dial.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chris5264 View Post
    I'll toss in my opinion....I think the idea of using Ti is great but the tubes turned me off too. It would be great if an option came up that used Ti case but a more typical style dial.
    Must admit - that's what i'm thinking

800Ti Divingstar with standard black hands/markers....

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Must admit - that's what i'm thinking

Ditto here, I love the use of Ti and think the watch basically a winner, but I prefer SL for lume since it's brighter and stays brighter for an hour dive, plus stays bright enough for night time viewing.

I'd love to see a 1000T style Ti Sub. Thicker case like the vintage Subs, and use Ti. That is my grail watch!

Kev

Pro and Sharkhunter Only!

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mordaunt View Post
    Pro and Sharkhunter Only!

Hi Chris -

Yes, because there will only be 500 total pieces the decision was to split them out between the two options.

James

DOXA

Sorry guy's I guess I'm the minority. IMHO the use of tubes is great but thats why there are different models to choose from. I do have several other brands and the best use of the tubes is the different colors and when they are shaped in arabic numerals. Take a look for yourselves A La Ball Ti Hydrocarbon Mad Cow. That being said I realize it's not for everyone,BUT, I can say from personal experience in person it is a definate cool look and I'm frequently asked about the piece and more so at night.
    I realize this is a Doxa forum and I really do like their style and innovations, so going to a tube watch is a forward step. There has to be a bunch out there that likes the use of tubes, we all have seen the polls here. The question I posed was kind of the best of both worlds. What I would like to see eventually is tubes and around each tube C3 Super Luminova. This way you get that immediate burst of brightness A LA 5000 models lume and the staying power for the eye opening at 3AM for those who sleep with a watch on like me. Also for those of us who work odd hours and through the night as I do (I am a Firefighter/Paramedic) it does come in pretty handy at an evenings glance. I only bring this up because this being Doxa's first tubed watch, maybe they will run with it and not put to the way side. We all have different taste and preferences so please forgive me if what I wrote seems harsh, it was only an Idea I thought might be pretty cool. There are a lot more people on this forum that have way more knowledge and loyalty than I. I'm just an average Joe Maybe even a "JOE THE PLUMBER" type who has a passion for nice watches. I think we can all agree DOXA has some the most bad a$$ watches with different variation for us all. I just hope they continue their aim to please the customer attitude they have done here with such dignity.
    Last edited by skillet; November 9th, 2008 at 19:14. Reason: TYPO

I absolutely love the use of tritium tubes on this watch...my problem is with the titanium. I do not like the feel of a light weight watch...feels cheap. I had a titanium Oris diver and flipped it as soon as it came out of the package.
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Well I think no single watch design can satisfy all customers. People have been clamoring for Ti and tubes, so DOXA delivered it. I think it was a good decision but I guess the market will dictate that. My personal preference is for the weight of SS and the "pop factor" of freshly charged SL, but to each their own. Thats why DOXA makes so many different models.
    Lots of dive watches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information