Hello from France,
here a vintage Doxa Sub 300T divingstar that I bought from a retired french MN diver;
this watch has been issued by the Marine Nationale and I am looking for informations about it,
here what I have :
- The yellow dial does not have the Synchron logo but bears the mention 300T
- The crown is a screw in crown and has no signature on it
- The back does not have the big Synchron logo on the back but has the Synchron marking inside. Outside it bears different marking :
* on the bottom : "4321" and "58 098 59" (that I think are markings from Doxa)
* on the upper part of the back, the number "10267" in a bigger font than the other numbers and with a font which is very close to the font used by the french MN (especially when you see the curved "7") and what I think to be the issue number from the MN
- The movement is an ETA 2872 with 17 jewels and bears the Doxa signature + "W" on the rotor
What I would like to know is the approximate year of production of this watch; the MN marking "10267" (if it is a military marking) let me think that it could be the 102th watch for the year 1967, but does that fit to the case, movement and dial ??
Also, does this Doxa use a regular glass as I'd like to have it change by my watchmaker...?
The bezel is totally faded althought some remainings of the old markings can be seen with a strong binocular... can the bezel be replaced ? repainted ??
Here some pictures, hope you will be able to help me...
all the best from France,