Fruit of the Economic Stimulus Offer

Thread: Fruit of the Economic Stimulus Offer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fruit of the Economic Stimulus Offer

My 750T Pro GMT has arrived. I was tracking it last week from Switzerland to Nova Scotia. On Friday the last I posted it was on the vehicle for delivery. I had to leave work a little early on Friday and could not wait until 5pm for delivery so I was resigned to getting the watch this morning. As it turned out I had to run an errand down town (small town) when I noted the FedEx truck pass by. I turned the car around and followed the truck to a few blocks from my work. When the driver got out I asked her if she had a delivery on board for my address to which she replied that she did. I introduced myself, provided ID and left the truck with my GMT. I was off out of province all weekend hunting so I did not even open the box until this morning. Needless to say I was very pleased with the contents . This watch just screams my name. I like a complicated dial and the only drawback for me with my 750T Pro was the sparse dial with small font. The GMT solves that problem nicely! I love the skeleton hand and the rotating inner bezel!

Here is a quick and dirty shot of the GMT. Thanks again to Doxa for the excellent offer and the great service!

Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Re: Fruit of the Economic Stimulus Offer

That's a beauty!
    I'm trying to pull the trigger on this offer in the next couple of days (before it's over!).
    What was the "border" fee, if you don't mind me asking?
    I live in Ontario and would have it shipped to the US if we are going to get nailed with a heavy tax hit.
    "I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time" - Jack London - James Bond

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

We are very pleased that you have received your GMT Professional, and that you are so happy with it!

I know it sounds a little corny, but moments like these are, in many ways, the most rewarding part of what we do at DOXA - when we can share in the satisfaction that our watch brings to the wearer!

We look forward to hearing about all of the amazing adventures you and your new companion get up to!

James

DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1 View Post
    My 750T Pro GMT has arrived. I was tracking it last week from Switzerland to Nova Scotia. On Friday the last I posted it was on the vehicle for delivery. I had to leave work a little early on Friday and could not wait until 5pm for delivery so I was resigned to getting the watch this morning. As it turned out I had to run an errand down town (small town) when I noted the FedEx truck pass by. I turned the car around and followed the truck to a few blocks from my work. When the driver got out I asked her if she had a delivery on board for my address to which she replied that she did. I introduced myself, provided ID and left the truck with my GMT. I was off out of province all weekend hunting so I did not even open the box until this morning. Needless to say I was very pleased with the contents . This watch just screams my name. I like a complicated dial and the only drawback for me with my 750T Pro was the sparse dial with small font. The GMT solves that problem nicely! I love the skeleton hand and the rotating inner bezel!

Here is a quick and dirty shot of the GMT. Thanks again to Doxa for the excellent offer and the great service!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewatchfiend View Post
    That's a beauty!
    I'm trying to pull the trigger on this offer in the next couple of days (before it's over!).
    What was the "border" fee, if you don't mind me asking?
    I live in Ontario and would have it shipped to the US if we are going to get nailed with a heavy tax hit.
    Hi there!

A few basics that I can completely confirm -
    Your "base price" is the advertised discounted amount of $2,090.00
    We pay the FED EX shipping to your door. We do not pay the duties and customs or taxes in Canada.

Please understand that the taxation/fees applied by customs of various countries - such as Canada in this case) are down to the local officials/offices and therefore nothing that we (DOXA) can control.

I do know that we have A LOT of customers in Ontario - are there any Ontario based DOXAHOLICS out there that could PM (please use the PM function) Vintage Watch Fiend over their DUTIES CUSTOMS experiences? If you could handle it this way as again, we have no control over this particular element of the delivery process and I do know that sometimes it varies from Province to Province. I know that Vintage Watch Fiend will thank you for the assist!

DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA Forum Administrator 1; October 27th, 2008 at 18:01. Reason: Clarification

Congrats!!! Its truly an Amazing Watch, I love mine
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

"I know that Vintage Watch Fiend will thank you for the assist!"
    I will indeed be very thankful, and thanks to the admin for the assistance.
    AND my apologies for derailing what is a beautiful unveiling ;)
    "I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time" - Jack London - James Bond

Wish List:
    -More Seiko Divers
    -Omega Planet Ocean
    -Omega Speedmaster Pro

Very nice indeed.

I actually have been debating all weekend myself whether to pull the trigger. Regrettably, I just can't at the moment. However, it is a great deal!

-luke

Great watch, enjoy it!
    Thanks,
    Big Nov

Breitling Chronomat White Dial on Rouleaux (Bullet) bracelet

Doxa 600T-Graph Professional 2005 Edition
    Doxa 5000T Sharkhunter

Ernst Benz 47mm Chronolunar Black Dial
    Ernst Benz 47mm Chronoscope Slate Dial

Jaguar Automatic Chrono

Marathon CSAR

A stunning watch to look at. Put in on a black leather strap, and you can see how its character is transformed into a more magnificent timepiece.

Congrats!

GGD

Congratulations mate..... looks awesome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information