Future Doxa offerings

Thread: Future Doxa offerings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Future Doxa offerings

For the most part, the Doxa Sub series cases have been based on past subs in Doxa's history.

The 600, 750 and 1000 are "reissues" but carry a common shaped case and bezel. I understand Doxa wanting to continue the sub legacy by offering watches that are recognized clearly as Doxas.

My question is, at some point, will this common theme run it's course and will Doxa offer something "fresh" in the design of it's cases? Don't get me wrong, I love the current 750T and have two (three if they offered a DS 750T) but with all offerings being limited editions, how many times can a similar sub be released before something totally new should be made and start a whole new legacy?

Look forward to your comments,

Dan

Re: Future Doxa offerings

The problem with going with something completely different is that you risk losing product recognition. I think this was a problem with some of the Aubry offerings. They just didn't look like Doxas anymore. It would be like Breitling going with a completely different design in their Superocean line. I love the retro design of the Doxa because it's unique. If they start looking like a Rolex or Omega why would I get a Doxa? Some of those Orange faced Aubry watches with black bezel inserts looked just like any other dive watches of the day and for that and other reasons they failed to compete. I think Doxa has more latitude with their GMTs and Chronographs than with the Dive watches. Of course like anything on this forum, that's just my opinion.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Yes, I agree with Joe: it's important to keep te "doxa look"...
    But during Aubry'S period, I think the thicker case was an evolution that might be interesting for a future DOXA...
    And, of course, that's just my opinion...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I understand that it should be recognized as Doxa but my point is how many versions of basically the same design can be made?

Hi,

I agree with you also but personally, I'd love to see something on the line of the vintage 600's, or 250,s. I like the angular case, it's different than the standard style but is instantly recognizable as a Doxa.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris127 View Post
    Hi,

I agree with you also but personally, I'd love to see something on the line of the vintage 600's, or 250,s. I like the angular case, it's different than the standard style but is instantly recognizable as a Doxa.

Chris
    Is this what you mean??

Best Regards,
    Jason

Hi Jason,

Thats exactly what I mean, and that is an awesome representation!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris127 View Post
    Hi Jason,

Thats exactly what I mean, and that is an awesome representation!

Chris
    I really like it, I agree it is very nice looking. It is a little small for me, but the historical significance is why I keep it.............

Now, if they made it as big and as chunky as the 750T or a 600T-Graph

Best Regards,
    Jason

That's a beautiful watch. Honestly, I hope they do both. I think they can keep the legacy with a "SUB" line representing the classic DOXA style as well as introduce new stuff that may be more conventional (no offense to anyone and sorry to use that word, but I'm in a hurry). Hopefully, new designs can include a great watch with DOXA mystique and yet exhibit new qualities also.
    Darin

Breitling SuperOcean
    1960 DOXA Automatic
    1960 Omega Seamaster DeVille
    TAG Heuer 2000

How about a DOXA "D-Shock"?

A DOXA 5.5 in orange like a Seiko 5

A DOXA 6 - similar to the Ocean 7

A DOXA "D&O&X&A - little larger that the O&W dive watches in maybe green

Heck, you do a 250T,300T, 600T, 750T, 1000T, maybe a 2.3L T?

Anyway, i find the vintage look different for DOXA and I think the Dive Watch Syndrome has outlived it's time. DOXA should be strong enough to go out on a limb and try something different.

I have a 600T that I still have to make up my mind on, am looking at a non-sub Conquistdor as it is NOT a dive watch, and if I want accuracy, I would go Quartz.

I want to love my 600T, and it is cool orange, but i will see when it gets back from an extensive service.

In the meantime, I really love the chatter here and it gives me a glimpse into a varied bunch of folks.

IMNSHO

paul:oops:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information