The future of DOXA and WUS members?

Thread: The future of DOXA and WUS members?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question The future of DOXA and WUS members?

I know that DOXA is making a huge effort to be able to provide their watches to the general population by selling through AD.

But I was just wondering if DOXA will continue to provide the forum members exclusive watches?

In the future will we still be able to but directly from DOXA or would we have to go through an AD?

If we were to buy directly from DOXA would we still be granted a returning customer price for X many months?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply from DOXA

Hi Mike, those are a very good questions, that were asked several times and many will sure be eager to hear the answers:

1. While we are currently expanding into retail, in order to attract the savy non internet watch buyer on the street and window shopper, our core business is and will remain on the internet. The internet and especially the watch forum have enabled us to achieve a unique relationship to our customers, that we are truly proud of and are not willing to give up at any price.

2. You will always be able to buy directly from DOXA. DOXA will not underbid their retailer's discount but will always match it. Returning customer discounts are only available directly from DOXA and not through retail.

3. Returning customers will always be privileged at DOXA, as they will be informed first hand and also supplied first and will also continue to receive special treatment in enjoying the direct relationship to the brand. I have to emphasize that the returning customer discount period will expire by the End of March 2008.

4. The returning customer discount will be valid till the end of March 2008. All pre-orders placed prior to April first will also be granted the returning customer discount. After that, the average and standard industry discounts and promotions will apply.

5. DOXA has become a big name on the internet today and I would dare to say that almost every internet watch collector has at least considered DOXA in the past few years. The step we made to enter the retail market does not mean that we like to switch markets, but that we want to make the brand as successful in the brick and mortar world as on the internet.

I hope I answered all your questions, but please feel free to post any further questions, that you have remained unanswered

Rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; December 11th, 2007 at 18:31.
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

Re: The future of DOXA and WUS members?

Hi Mike

All great questions that I am sure many of us would like to known the answers to. I do know that the returning customer discount is scheudled to end in March of 2008. After that I think even forum members pay full retail even if Doxa still offers direct sales.

Unfortunately, I think full retail might knock a lot of die hard Doxa forum members out of the loop for a bit. Hard to conceive paying 800usd more for a watch in April than March when we had the discount. Doxa has really gone full throttle to provide awesome customer service and I suspect Doxa just might extend the discount, but then who knows.
    "Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

I'm new to Doxa and this forum. Forgive me if I ask inappropriate questions. With a few AD's already carrying Doxa's, are there price difference in buying direct from Doxa and AD's in general, with returning customer discount factored in?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It has been pointed out in another thread that Doxa has very generously extended the original Customer discount to include anyone who's bought a new Doxa online. Personally, I would have bought my Doxas even at full price (well maybe not as many) because I've always loved the design and the history. Unlike that $600 Rolex I didn't get in the 60s, the only Doxas I could buy were old beaters, I couldn't find a new Doxa untill the 300T reissue. I'm actually kind of releived that the discount is ending. Now My watch buying can return to normal and I won't have to buy more Doxas to save money.. Actually I can't afford to save more money.

Joe

PS Now that Doxa's here to stay the pressure is off and I can carefully pick and choose my new purchases without feeling any pressure.
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

I agree with Scottolaw for a number of reasons.
    1. While Doxa has to think about its commercial future, the company should realise that Doxa, as it exists now, has been made for a vast part by the customers from this forum and by internet buyers.
    2. While every Doxa fan will applaud the arrival of AD's in the different countries, the unique interchange between Doxa collectors and the Doxa company via this Forum has to remain a keystone in the future.
    3. While no brand in the world has listened so intensely to its Doxa Forum customers in designing and developing new watches, it cannot be that this unique bond will disappear, once the AD net has been installed worldwide and that the the discount offered by Doxa for returning customers disappears. It might be that this initial favor could be a little problematic to maintain, compared to new customers buying from AD's.
    But I am sure that Doxa has a perfect administration which can distinguish between the purchases of "old divers" and newbies.
    Just my humble recommendation,
    Adrian.

Confused Re: The future of DOXA and WUS members?

I didnt get my first DOXA until July(this was right after the price increase), so I purchased mine used. Again, it was very difficult for me to justify patying $$$$ more because a week had passed. But I do think that DOXA should provide the forum members with special limited edition pieces, discounted prices etc... I feel in a way that we have helped to support the company with our input, and enthusiasm for their watches with many of the forum members being fortunate enough to own more than one, and now we are all just going to have to pay retail price? I guess it is just a bit tough to swallow. I can tell you that the price increase earlier this year has prevented me from buying more DOXA's. And I know that if the prices keep increasing because of the retail aspect, that there will be many DOXA fans like myself that unfortunately will either not be able to afford the price increase, not feel comfortable paying based on time constraints(having to buy by X date or else$$), or will be forced to buy used...I love these watches, and the customer service has been absolutely spectacular, but right now Im just a bit confused as to the role and relationship this forum and its members will have with DOXA in the future. I guess Im venting off some frustration. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks again,

Mike
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    MKII Stingray

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Lee View Post
    I'm new to Doxa and this forum. Forgive me if I ask inappropriate questions. With a few AD's already carrying Doxa's, are there price difference in buying direct from Doxa and AD's in general, with returning customer discount factored in?
    Seems quite appropriate to me . There IS no returning discount when dealing with an AD. The AD's are being told by Doxa that the maximum discount allowed is 10%, presumeably this is to make up for sales tax we would save if we bought direct from Doxa (once the returning customer discount disappears from there, which it will in a few months).

Doxa's goal is to get into the retail segment, which they are doing by leaps and bounds. It wouldn't surprise me to see direct sales cut off altogether once a fairly wide ranging AD network is in place.

Trust me on this, as far as Doxa collecting is cncerned, "These are the good old days" .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    . It wouldn't surprise me to see direct sales cut off altogether once a fairly wide ranging AD network is in place.

Trust me on this, as far as Doxa collecting is cncerned, "These are the good old days" .

I have a feeling you're right. But it's not one of those good feelings
    Direct sales, this forum, word of mouth.....I think that his is what has made this such a great company. Im not against AD, but I think they should keep direct sales, and returning customer discounts as long as possible.
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    MKII Stingray

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Seems quite appropriate to me . There IS no returning discount when dealing with an AD. The AD's are being told by Doxa that the maximum discount allowed is 10%, presumeably this is to make up for sales tax we would save if we bought direct from Doxa (once the returning customer discount disappears from there, which it will in a few months).

Doxa's goal is to get into the retail segment, which they are doing by leaps and bounds. It wouldn't surprise me to see direct sales cut off altogether once a fairly wide ranging AD network is in place.

T Bone,

Are you saying that I'll be better off buying direct from Doxa now with returning customer discount than hustling an AD for 10%+ discounts? And I better hurry?

I forgot to answer the second part of the question in my previous post regarding the future of the Forum. The answer, is that the future of the forum is what we make it. You can rest assured that Doxa will continue to listen to us. Does anyone out there NOT realize what a valuable asset this forum is to Doxa and us? You have a dynamic collection of collectors and real Divers giving Doxa real time input. We have a wide assortment of people of different professions and trades from all over the planet for Doxa to bounce ideas off of and for us to bounce ideas off them. The only cost is what they pay to administer the forum. At this time I haven't seen any other watch Forum being close to this. Because we have such a huge spectrum of people I haven't seen any of the snobbery you can get on some forums. The level of respect people show on this forum is why most of us continue to hang out here. I'm feeling real positive about doxa and The Forum. JMHO

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information