Future "Retro" models?

Thread: Future "Retro" models?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member perfectlykevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,890

    Future "Retro" models?

    The work on the Conquerer is going great and I'm sure will please many folks, but I was wondering does Doxa still have plans to release updated versions of the vintage classics? I know this was talked about when the 1000T was brought out, and I would love to see a 1000T sized Doxa done with that Conquerer-style thick case.

    Thanks,
    Kev

  2. #2
    Member perfectlykevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    Still wondering... I'm sure the folks at Doxa are pretty busy at the moment-heard tell of a new watch being released quite soon.

    Oh, and slightly off this topic, I think a blue dialed Caribean Conquerer would look amazing.

    Kev

  3. #3
    Member MarkJnK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    I wondered the same thing... as the 750T is nearing its end. The 1000T is great but not big enough for me. I personally still prefer the original rice bead bracelet and hope that they have plans for more 750T style models to come using the best of all their technology... like:

    5000T sized case
    Ricebead bracelet, flared at the ends like the vintage ones
    Dial like a 750T
    Upgraded movm't
    Ratcheting clasp.

    Thats my ultimate Doxa.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member perfectlykevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJnK View Post
    I wondered the same thing... as the 750T is nearing its end. The 1000T is great but not big enough for me. I personally still prefer the original rice bead bracelet and hope that they have plans for more 750T style models to come using the best of all their technology... like:

    5000T sized case
    Ricebead bracelet, flared at the ends like the vintage ones
    Dial like a 750T
    Upgraded movm't
    Ratcheting clasp.

    Thats my ultimate Doxa.
    I loved the 750T case too but have been wearing 40-42mm watches lately (and smaller) and have come to the conclusion that they fit better on my wrist. The weight is not noticable, whereas the 750T, on bracelet, was noticable by the end of the day (on NATO strap perfect). For me the 42.5mm case is about as big as I'll go nowadays. I think limited runs of thicker cases for those who like larger and those who like the conventional size would be best.

    Also, I'd love to see alternate bracelets that would fit these thicker cased models so you could switch bracelets like Panny guys rotate their straps. Love to see a rendition of the 300T reissue bracelet make a return to fit the conventional sized case, but I fear I'm in the minority on that one.

    Kev

  6. #5
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    Also, I'd love to see alternate bracelets that would fit these thicker cased models so you could switch bracelets like Panny guys rotate their straps.
    Kev
    At the price point of the Doxa vs Panerai, I would just rather rotate watches than straps. That is why those Panny guys rotate straps, they can only afford one watch.
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  7. #6
    Member perfectlykevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    At the price point of the Doxa vs Panerai, I would just rather rotate watches than straps. That is why those Panny guys rotate straps, they can only afford one watch.
    Amen to that! I could never pull off the size of a Pan. on my wrist, plus the cost would make me feel safer leaving it at home... in a safe... between two or more pillows...and wrapped in bubble wrap...and the safe would be surrounded by dobermans, inside would be a rabid wolverine. Too much $ in one watch for my liking (not to mention my bank accounts liking too)

    Kev

  8. #7
    Member perfectlykevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    AhHA! Found the pic that I was looking for, right under my nose at Doc. Pete's site. I remeber seeing it but couldn't exactly remember where...
    Anyway, this is the watch I was talking about that had me going over the thick cases-it's the side of the case that is really thick that adds to the chunky look of the watch while not increasing it in height too much.



    Make a modern one like this, in the conventional size and some in the 750T size, use that new ratcheting dive extention, solid end pieces, alternate bracelets (shotting for the moon here) and the thicker bezels of the recent 750 and 1000, and easy to manipulate crown with the case cutout , and it'll be my perfect Doxa. I feel like it's almost here, since the 1000T is exactly what I'd like, with the exception of the case sides. I like my Doxas like I like my salsa, chucky style.

    Kev

    PS I could have asked for Titanium too, but I'll settle for SS

  9. #8
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    Quote Originally Posted by perfectlykevin View Post
    AhHA! Found the pic that I was looking for, right under my nose at Doc. Pete's site. I remeber seeing it but couldn't exactly remember where...
    Anyway, this is the watch I was talking about that had me going over the thick cases-it's the side of the case that is really thick that adds to the chunky look of the watch while not increasing it in height too much.



    Make a modern one like this, in the conventional size and some in the 750T size, use that new ratcheting dive extention, solid end pieces, alternate bracelets (shotting for the moon here) and the thicker bezels of the recent 750 and 1000, and easy to manipulate crown with the case cutout , and it'll be my perfect Doxa. I feel like it's almost here, since the 1000T is exactly what I'd like, with the exception of the case sides. I like my Doxas like I like my salsa, chucky style.

    Kev

    PS I could have asked for Titanium too, but I'll settle for SS
    I agree Kev. I do love the chunky feel of my synchrons. It makes the smaller diameter just feel a little more substantial. Fun to wear IMHO. I can't tell, the box looks like my Synchron era box. But the watch doesn't seem to have the star..........
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  10. #9
    Member perfectlykevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I agree Kev. I do love the chunky feel of my synchrons. It makes the smaller diameter just feel a little more substantial. Fun to wear IMHO. I can't tell, the box looks like my Synchron era box. But the watch doesn't seem to have the star..........
    Sorry I don't know much more but here's the section at Dr. Pete's site:


    http://www.doxa300t.com/misc/othermisc.htm

    Looks like it was issued in 1980

    Kev

  11. #10
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Future "Retro" models?

    Well, it does seem to have the thickness of the synchrons..............This is mine with the USD logo.......

    Best Regards,
    Jason





Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •