Geez Louise, this place is hopping!!!

Thread: Geez Louise, this place is hopping!!!

Cool Geez Louise, this place is hopping!!!

I spend a few days working on the new store and come back to a million new threads! This forum is really busy lately. Gotta say I love the new Seaconqueror, a bold departure from the 'traditional' Doxa Sub, but with many key original elements as well as some very cool new ones. I know it's not for everyone, but which watch is? Good job Rick, of listening to the customers and using their input to deliver what many, many people want.

Quick update, the store is coming along slowly but surely. Today we're having the electrical inspector and the structural inspector check out what we've done so far, to make sure we are in compliance with all city codes. There should be no surprises there, we've done everything 'by the book'. Once they sign off on our progress to date, we'll be able to finish the interior walls. Then we start on the ceiling. We've already replaced all the overhead light fixtures (50 of 'em!) and are going to paint the drop-ceiling tiles. We still hope to be able to open by Christmas. Keep yer fingers crossed for us!

Paul

Re: Geez Louise, this place is hopping!!!

Good luck w/ those inspectors Paul. 'Lotta work now, well worth it in the end though (..and just think of all the cool stories you're stocking up!).

Seaconquerer's a pretty impressive revelation, idnit?!

Paul good to hear it´s moving forward, keep us updated, some actual pics of the shop would also be cool.

Take Care

Regards Bernie

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Figured you'd been working hard, being a business owner is a never ending, yet rewarding endeavor. Keep at it, it'll be much easier once the store opens! Congrats, and keep us posted .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thanks guys. We passed both with flying colors, so we're good to continue. Next up will be the plumbing inspector, but we've still got a bit of plumbing to do first (running pipes to the ice cream shop for the sinks there). I've got a bunch of pics but I haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet, will do so soon.

The name of the overall business/building is Five Corners. Within Five Corners will be: Crystal Bait and Tackle, Crystal Watch and Clock, Benzie Outfitters (clothing), and the Crystal Cantina (ice cream and sundries). Eventually we'll build our humidor but probably not until next Spring. The upstairs renovation into a rental apartment won't happen for a while, need to get some working capital first by opening up the stores.

Paul

Thread Information