Good price of vintage 300t professional?

Thread: Good price of vintage 300t professional?

Good price of vintage 300t professional?

Well I´m currently thinking about get a DOXA sub as that ultimate grail watch, that I can afford (Ploprof probably never gonna happen). I think there´s just something special about DOXA, not so common as a Breitling and a great vintage diver style. And they do seem to have a pretty good resale value.

I´m currently in contact with someone that got a vintage Orange sub 300t professional. He tells me if I want the watch I have to lay a bid, but since I dont either want to make a shame bid or a bad deal I need some help.

Here´s a link to his website: http://singular.blogg.se/2008/septem...8.html#comment
    (I know it´s in swedish but just look at the pictures and tell me your opinion on it).

He claims that the watch is in great condition and I trust this seller. In your opinion, what would be a good/fair price?

All help is appreciated

Cheers

Jocke

Re: Good price of vintage 300t professional?

Lume is missing on the hand, and no original bracelet. Looks to be pretty nice, but not the best that I have seen. Has it had a recent service? This would be something to consider when discussing a price. My best estimate in today's economy is $900 - $1200

BTW, to the Forum.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Trust Jason! He knows what he's talking about. One 300t went for $1400 on the bay some time ago, it looked a little better though.

Leif
    Current watch collection:
    None, actually... Not counting the casio I got from my mom 20 years ago...
    Seems kinda strange frequenting a watch forum without owning a watch, doesn't it?
    1997 I promised myself that the next watch I wear would be a Doxa... Someday I will!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the answers, this is things I´m gonna make sure to get informed of if I lay a bid on the watch. But I´m not 100% sure if I want an Orange dial or if I should go for a black instead.
    I´ll probably wait and see what comes around, cause when it´s about this much money (for me at least) I want to be completly sure getting "the right watch". Gonna search this forum to get som inspiration.

I really appreciated for the tips, thank you again

Jasons estimate is pretty realistic with in the current economic situation.

The watch is a second generation 300T Case still with the sailingship case and Doxa signed screwdown crown.

Pro: case still looks pretty good and crisp, on the caseback you can still see the engraved model and watch number, original signed crown, not too much worn bezel, US Divers signed Dial.

Con: broken lume in the hour hand, printing around the date window seems to be imperfect and a little bit worn, aged lume of the dial doesn´t fits the lume of the hands.
    Missing Beads of Rice bracelet ( can be pretty expensive when you want one - around US$ 300-500 depending on the model and the wear it has)

Good Luck with the search

Regards Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by BERNIE View Post
    Jasons estimate is pretty realistic with in the current economic situation.

The watch is a second generation 300T Case still with the sailingship case and Doxa signed screwdown crown.

Pro: case still looks pretty good and crisp, on the caseback you can still see the engraved model and watch number, original signed crown, not too much worn bezel, US Divers signed Dial.

Con: broken lume in the hour hand, printing around the date window seems to be imperfect and a little bit worn, aged lume of the dial doesn´t fits the lume of the hands.
    Missing Beads of Rice bracelet ( can be pretty expensive when you want one - around US$ 300-500 depending on the model and the wear it has)

Good Luck with the search

Regards Bernie
    Thanks for that info.
    I got a price level now, around 1200 dollars and for that price I rather buy a used black dialed DOXA (750t Sharkhunter for example). Anyway thanks for all answers and like I said before, I think I´m sure that DOXA is what I want. Unique and with a touch of vintage design really tempts me.

Crystal looks odd on this one too, seems to sit higher than normal which suggests to me it's a replacement. Other than what's been mention it looks good, hard to gauge it in $$$s with the rate all over the shop right now but i'd say $900-1200 is pretty much the area.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Crystal looks odd on this one too, seems to sit higher than normal which suggests to me it's a replacement. Other than what's been mention it looks good, hard to gauge it in $$$s with the rate all over the shop right now but i'd say $900-1200 is pretty much the area.
    Thanks.
    I think the price I got was fair but for that price I rather buy a black dialed version, orange is nice (got Seiko OM) but I do prefer black. Neverthless I have decided to save for probably a 750t Sharkhunter now, it might take a while (both the saving and to find the right used one) but in the end I´ll think it´s worth it.

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi there!

And here it is - the constant debate of vintage dive watches!

So that you know at DOXA we can and do offer vintage restoration service. Having said that, by the time you factor in the cost of a vintage watch, the movement, dial and lume restoration, gaskets, possible need for a new crown and/or crystal - maybe a modern DOXA might be more for you?

At any rate, always feel free to contact us at DOXA via email or our Live Chat feature. The last time I took the Seilja Line from Turku to Stockholm I did not see a single DOXA - so maybe you can be the first!

James
    DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA Forum Administrator 1 View Post
    Hi there!

And here it is - the constant debate of vintage dive watches!

So that you know at DOXA we can and do offer vintage restoration service. Having said that, by the time you factor in the cost of a vintage watch, the movement, dial and lume restoration, gaskets, possible need for a new crown and/or crystal - maybe a modern DOXA might be more for you?

At any rate, always feel free to contact us at DOXA via email or our Live Chat feature. The last time I took the Seilja Line from Turku to Stockholm I did not see a single DOXA - so maybe you can be the first!

James
    DOXA

Cool!

I didn't know you guys offered this service. I love new divers but I am also a sucker for vintage pieces. Especially important, ground breaking divers. Frankly I see a spot in my collection one day for a nice, mint, vintage 300T to go alongside a nice newer Doxa.

You are right though. A nice, new Doxa is probably less expensive than a nicely restored vintage one. Plus there is a warranty, you are the first owner etc.

Thread Information