Got my 750 GMT! First impressions, Big question.

Thread: Got my 750 GMT! First impressions, Big question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Got my 750 GMT! First impressions, Big question.

First I want to say hello and thanks for all the responses to my earlier post that I didn't have time to respond to over the last few days.

The UPS truck didn't arrive until 7:00 PM as I expected!

To get right to the point, I love EVERYTHING about this watch but the color of the dial! I couldn't be happier with the quality, feel and design of this watch. It's easy to see why Doxa has such a loyal following.

When I say I love everything about the watch but the color of the dial, I don't mean to say that I HATE the color of the dial. I'm just not SURE. One minute I like it and the next I'm "on the fence".

So now my question:

Should I put it back in the tube to make sure I don't put a scratch on it while waiting to trade for a Sharkhunter or something else, or wear it and see if I get used to the dial?

Or should I just see a psychiatrist?!!

Re: Got my 750 GMT! First impressions, Big question.

Wear it for a week. Then see. Orange is not for everyone. The black Sharkhunter might be a better choice for you. It takes some getting used to. Black dials are so common and we are so used to seeing black dials that the orange color may look strange at first. The orange color will warm up to you, I am sure.....Good luck.
    I think everybody should see a psychiatrist, but that's for a different forum all together....

Keep with the orange you'll drive everyone up the wall as they'll all want to know what it is!!!
    Cheers
    Mark

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wear the orange. It will make a statement because most people DO NOT have an orange watch. Plus, the dial is so unusual that people will just be mesmerized by it. You will become accustomed to it, and you will grow to appreciate it.

I think it is one of the best looking watches that Doxa makes..............
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I also think you should stick it out - it is definitely a unique watch and color, and as Jason said, it makes a statement. Men don't get to differentiate themselves often with what they wear, so a watch speaks volumes about his character.

At least, that's what I tell myself to justify wearing one.

Besides, Doxa = orange, first and foremost.

Wear it in good health. Don't worry about scratches and dings - it gives the watch history and gives you bragging rights about how that nick came when you slipped during rock climbing, that scratch came when you got slammed against the boat when diving...or maybe just being a klutz and swinging your arm into a door post.

Cheers,

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Ocala,

I did the opposite. I bought the 750T Sharkhunter and loved it the first wearing. Then I now got the orange Professional and love it even more. Wear it daily and it will grow on you!

Two words

W E A R I T

I'll grow on ya in a couple days

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocala View Post
    First I want to say hello and thanks for all the responses to my earlier post that I didn't have time to respond to over the last few days.

The UPS truck didn't arrive until 7:00 PM as I expected!

To get right to the point, I love EVERYTHING about this watch but the color of the dial! I couldn't be happier with the quality, feel and design of this watch. It's easy to see why Doxa has such a loyal following.

When I say I love everything about the watch but the color of the dial, I don't mean to say that I HATE the color of the dial. I'm just not SURE. One minute I like it and the next I'm "on the fence".

So now my question:

Should I put it back in the tube to make sure I don't put a scratch on it while waiting to trade for a Sharkhunter or something else, or wear it and see if I get used to the dial?

Or should I just see a psychiatrist?!!
    I'm just the opposite. I bought a Sharkie first and I absolutely love it

But as everyone says, Doxa + Orange = History So my next one will bw the 750T Pro.

I say wear it and let it grow on you

Regards
    Bob:thanks
    Bob.

Ticking away..the moments that make up a dull day.
    Omega 2254.50
    Omega 2531.80
    Rolex Submariner

I fell in love with that Orange faced watch in the 70s, before Clive invented Dirk Pitt, and didn't get one until early 2003 and the 600T reissue. The orange faced Doxa dive watch is just like Clive Cussler's character Dirk Pitt. Bold and adventurous. If you ever ask yourself if the orange face is appropriate, think of what Dirk would do. For me the orange diver is ok for Black tie or Blue jeans. It's what Dirk would do. So, be bold, show some character and wear that Doxa orange with pride. I like to think there's a little Dirk Pitt in all of us.

Joe

PS. If you're not a Clive Cussler fan I don't know what else to say except. Even if I'd never heard of Clive Cussler I'd still be wearing Doxa Orange.
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Quote Originally Posted by jstawasz View Post
    I fell in love with that Orange faced watch in the 70s, before Clive invented Dirk Pitt, and didn't get one until early 2003 and the 600T reissue. The orange faced Doxa dive watch is just like Clive Cussler's character Dirk Pitt. Bold and adventurous. If you ever ask yourself if the orange face is appropriate, think of what Dirk would do. For me the orange diver is ok for Black tie or Blue jeans. It's what Dirk would do. So, be bold, show some character and wear that Doxa orange with pride. I like to think there's a little Dirk Pitt in all of us.

Joe

PS. If you're not a Clive Cussler fan I don't know what else to say except. Even if I'd never heard of Clive Cussler I'd still be wearing Doxa Orange.

That's VERY funny! I hope there is a bit of Dirk in all of us!

Actually, I AM a Clive Cussler fan! I done a bit of diving and ALOT of boating. I really enjoy his books.

Anyway, I going to take the collective advice offered here (THANK YOU ALL) with a small qualification. I'll keep the watch on the trade board but continue to wear it VERY CAREFULY! If a black dialed version comes up I'll likely take it. If not, so what!

If I do happen to put a scratch on the watch despite my best effort, I'll just chalk it off to fate and keep the watch!

I'm starting to like it better already...!
    Experience is the thing you get just after you needed it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information