Happy Father's Day!
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Happy Father's Day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Happy Father's Day!

To all the dads out there, I hope you're having a great day with your family. I know my day is complete, spending it with my three.

Also, Happy Father's Day to my dad, who's been super influential in my life. Here we are, back in May of 1984, for my Open-water checkout dive. Twenty-nine years...they sure fly by

"The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Re: Happy Father's Day!

That's a great pic Ty, happy FATHERS day

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

My Son and I, St. Thomas
    Rolex Sea Dweller 16600

Enicar Sherpa Guide GMT
    Omega Seamaster Soccer Timer
    Breitling Navitimer 806
    IWC Mark XVIII
    Heuer Autavia 11630

Banned

Your father deserves a Doxa Sub of the highest order, which I would not be surprised if he does have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lhanddds View Post
    That's a great pic Ty, happy FATHERS day
    Thanks Larry, Happy Father's Day to you too. The crazy thing I just realized, is that Dad is 41 in this picture...the same age I am right now.

On a different note, I see a lot of Rolex in your lineup. I'm thinking you need at least one DOXA nestled in there.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by mondrayuk View Post
    Your father deserves a Doxa Sub of the highest order, which I would not be surprised if he does have.
    You might be right Ray, he'd probably like a Sub in the 42mm range, as he's very classic when it comes to watch sizes. Most of the time he wears some kind of thin quartz watch on a leather strap, but during colder weather, he will wear the Rolex gold Day/Date that Mom have him right after I was born to commemorate my birth. Actually it's an insurance replacement, because he lost the original, fighting a king mackerel, fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    To all the dads out there, I hope you're having a great day with your family. I know my day is complete, spending it with my three.

Also, Happy Father's Day to my dad, who's been super influential in my life. Here we are, back in May of 1984, for my Open-water checkout dive. Twenty-nine years...they sure fly by

Cool Picture! I think I still have a BC like that in the attic, probably in the same box with my old oval mask.
    "Your obsession with dive watches doesn't make much sense to me considering that 90% of the places we were diving you couldn't see anything anyway" The old divemaster

Quote Originally Posted by Diver52 View Post
    Cool Picture! I think I still have a BC like that in the attic, probably in the same box with my old oval mask.
    I still have Dad's BC, but I traded mine up as I grew. Come to think of it, I still have most of this gear. The Mk10/R109 regulators are still supported by Scubapro, so I had them completely rebuilt and serviced last year. I used Dad's Large size Jetfins until moving up to XLs a few years back, and my size Medium, my son will use soon. The good thing about quality diving gear, is that it can be used for a super long time. I'd be curious to know if you still have your old oval mask.

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    I still have Dad's BC, but I traded mine up as I grew. Come to think of it, I still have most of this gear. The Mk10/R109 regulators are still supported by Scubapro, so I had them completely rebuilt and serviced last year. I used Dad's Large size Jetfins until moving up to XLs a few years back, and my size Medium, my son will use soon. The good thing about quality diving gear, is that it can be used for a super long time. I'd be curious to know if you still have your old oval mask.
    I think I do but I think it is probably dry rotted. I will have to do an inventory. I do have an old J valve regulator on my desk with an my old Scubapro depth gauge.
    "Your obsession with dive watches doesn't make much sense to me considering that 90% of the places we were diving you couldn't see anything anyway" The old divemaster

Quote Originally Posted by Diver52 View Post
    I think I do but I think it is probably dry rotted. I will have to do an inventory. I do have an old J valve regulator on my desk with an my old Scubapro depth gauge.
    You might be surprised. I have several vintage Scubapro oval masks in my collection, and all look like they were made yesterday. I wish I could say the same for the U.S. Divers masks. All I've found are cracked with dry rot.

I know I'm chiming in late but it was a very nice fathers day.
    Now I'm kicking myself for trading/letting go my old equipment. Ty is right saving all that great equipment and using all over again.
    Well, you see my father didn't dive, so i did it all by myself over three continents until I settled here in Canada.
    Now I'm keeping all my equipment and I'm trying to switch slowly from Poseidon to Scuba Pro. Slowly but surely!
    And the only thing that stays strong is my Doxa watches!!

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information