Happy with one Doxa

Thread: Happy with one Doxa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Happy with one Doxa

Ever since I discovered Doxa sub watches, I became obsessed with getting one. I immediately fell in love with the overall look of the retro design, the uniqueness and even the history.

It took a while but eventually my wife, knowing how much I wanted one, bought me a 750T Searambler for my birthday.

I visit this forum almost daily and see some incredible watches and collections. I am happy for those who have them. And although I REALLY want to get more subs, family priorities force me to have some patience.

But that's OK, because every time I put my Searambler on, I'm a happy and grateful guy.

So keep posting and I'll be here looking, saying to myself, "One day I'm going to get one of those too."

Gerald

Re: Happy with one Doxa

Gerald,
    Congratulations on owning the best looking of all the Doxa Subs. What a great gift!
    And for what it's worth, owning one DOXA is just as fulfilling as owning several. In fact it may be better. I remember the days when I owned just one watch. Wearing the same watch everyday allows you to really bond with it specifically. Something which is hard to do when rotating daily.
    Enjoy your Searambler! Remember there's only 99 others like it.

Gerald--

There's a certain Zen-like wellness to be happy with something minimal. I bet, in a way, most of the folks here wish they could get down to just one--although I dunno how many will admit it...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by diverj007 View Post
    Gerald,
    Congratulations on owning the best looking of all the Doxa Subs. What a great gift!
    And for what it's worth, owning one DOXA is just as fulfilling as owning several. In fact it may be better. I remember the days when I owned just one watch. Wearing the same watch everyday allows you to really bond with it specifically. Something which is hard to do when rotating daily.
    Enjoy your Searambler! Remember there's only 99 others like it.
    That is so totally true. For the longest time, all I had was a Wenger watch which was on my wrist 100 % of the time : at work, at home, on vacation, kids' birth, motorcycle rides etc...
    I knew every single little scratch's story . I cared for it but wasn't ever afraid to live 100% with it. As a matter of fact, I not once thought " will the watch be ok ? " . And then I cracked the crystal. Then my wife bought me a new but more expensive watch. Because of its cost ( which wasn't that much but more than I had ever paid for a watch ), I started to be afraid of doing something to the watch and kind of looked at it as an accessory instead of a necessity. Then I got too much into watches....
    But my true best one is always my beater : the one I wear 85 % of the time, at work in the shop or cleaning the gutters under a downpour like this morning.
    So Gerald, congratulation and when I owned only 1 watch, it wasn't a Doxa so you're way ahead here...

Quote Originally Posted by bhaladog View Post
    Gerald--

There's a certain Zen-like wellness to be happy with something minimal. I bet, in a way, most of the folks here wish they could get down to just one--although I dunno how many will admit it...
    I sort of miss the one watch days myself.

Is there such a thing? I thought the same, had my 750t Pro for a year and a half, then 4 in a month. Beware Doxa is the Swiss word for danger!

I went 10 years with only a trusty Seiko 6309. Then within months two things happened that changed my life...I dropped the watch (bent the main spring) and discovered the internet. Now I have a Soulmate (met my wife online) and more watches than we have appendages to put them on.

I am happy with one Doxa.............EACH one

No, seriously.........Congrats on your Doxa, the Rambler is one of the nicest (and rarest). Also, good job for putting your family priorities first. You have your priorities straight.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Congrats and welcome to the DOXA family.
    Lots of dive watches.

Congrats on your Rambler a truly stunning piece. I hope your discipline holds up...it can be dangerous reading these posts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information