Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

Thread: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Member Fred Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102

    Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    I wished to join the Doxa club and ordered a 750T Sharkhunter from Doxa. It came today and, as advised by Doxa that it would be an easy task, I tried to size the bracelet with the included screwdriver. I admitted I'm not good at maneuvering tiny stuff. I scratched the link and flattened the screw.

    I now stopped doing anything and will bring it to a local jewellers for help. My impression (truly impression only as I still can't wear it on wrist yet), it's big! Bigger than all my other watches including Omega 42mm PO and 300 Seamaster Pro. I wish I could get used to it later.

  2. #2
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,282

    Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    Fred, give it time, and wear it for a week or so. I bet you will fall in love with it.
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  3. #3
    Member doc3341's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    910

    Picture Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Lee View Post
    I tried to size the bracelet with the included screwdriver. I admitted I'm not good at maneuvering tiny stuff. I scratched the link and flattened the screw. I now stopped doing anything and will bring it to a local jewellers for help.
    Me too!


    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Lee View Post
    My impression (truly impression only as I still can't wear it on wrist yet), it's big! Bigger than all my other watches including Omega 42mm PO and 300 Seamaster Pro. I wish I could get used to it later.
    You'll get very used to it!!! Sooner rather than later all your other watches will start to seem to small for your wrist. Ive got a 7 inch wrist and it wears great! Now every time I put on a 40mm watch I keep wondering where the rest of it is.
    Here are some pics:

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...4&d=1195747043

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...5&d=1195747131

    https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...3&d=1195746874
    Cheers,

    Mike

    Previously Enjoyed

    DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member ScottoLaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,183

    Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    Hey Fred

    I felt the same way when I got my 750 Sharkie. It takes a little adjustment period compared to other watches. See if you get used to it in a week or two. For me, I kept my 750 Sharkie for months, but in the end sold it to fund the 750 Mil Ed which seems not as large to me in comparison. I think maybe the PVD kinda "shades" the size if that makes sense.

    I really like the shape of DOXAS, but the Mil Ed was the only 750 I just had to have. Until I snapped up a 1000t Sharkie. At a mm or two smaller than the 750 and a shade thicker, it is a great size for me. I'm sure Iwill go for the 1000t pro that is how much I prefer the 1000 model.

    If in the end you think the 750 is too big consider the 1000t. I have put the 1000t through its paces the past month and it keeps great time and the matte finish dial is a bit more to my liking than the 750 glossy dial. Again, Doxa's willingness to provide more shapes, sizes, and colors to please its customers.

    Here are a few comparison pics. I posted same on other threads, but in case you did not see them here they are again. Don't get turned off to Doxa just yet.

    Regards
    Scotto



    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Lee View Post
    I wished to join the Doxa club and ordered a 750T Sharkhunter from Doxa. It came today and, as advised by Doxa that it would be an easy task, I tried to size the bracelet with the included screwdriver. I admitted I'm not good at maneuvering tiny stuff. I scratched the link and flattened the screw.

    I now stopped doing anything and will bring it to a local jewellers for help. My impression (truly impression only as I still can't wear it on wrist yet), it's big! Bigger than all my other watches including Omega 42mm PO and 300 Seamaster Pro. I wish I could get used to it later.
    Attached Images Attached Images





    "Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

  6. #5
    Member Doug507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    1,890

    Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    Fred,

    These guys are right. The Sharkie will start to feel "right" on your wrist very quickly. It'll look about like mine does in that chipmunk picture I sent you.

    Give it some nonstop time (once you get it back), don't forget to post your required wrist-shot here, and then let us know what you think of it!
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

    Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

  7. #6
    Member JBernstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    341

    Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Lee View Post
    ...I tried to size the bracelet with the included screwdriver. I admitted I'm not good at maneuvering tiny stuff. I scratched the link and flattened the screw.

    ...

    Unless I am mistaken (happens ALL the time) the tool supplied with your 750T is for changing the bracelet, not removing links. The only Doxa I own that came with a screwdriver is the 300T Seahunter re-issue. All the other, whether they had pins and collars or screws, came with the bracelet removal tool...

    Jeremy

  8. #7
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,282

    Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by JBernstein View Post
    Unless I am mistaken (happens ALL the time) the tool supplied with your 750T is for changing the bracelet, not removing links. The only Doxa I own that came with a screwdriver is the 300T Seahunter re-issue. All the other, whether they had pins and collars or screws, came with the bracelet removal tool...

    Jeremy

    Actually, MOST of mine have come with the screwdriver. Three or four have come with the bracelet changing tool, but the other..........Very many have come with the burgeon screwdriver.
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  9. #8
    Member Fred Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102

    Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    I got the Sharkie re-sized at a small watch store near my work. I'm wearing it while I'm typing this and I feel good right away. The watch is bigger due to the cushion but it's just fine on my 6.5" wrist. I'll post some picture when I get home tonight.

    BTW, it came with a screwdriver not the burgeon tool. There are still some very faint swirls on the links (near the pin openings on the sides). Although I can live with them now, is there an easy way to remove them?

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    704

    Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Lee View Post
    ....There are still some very faint swirls on the links (near the pin openings on the sides). Although I can live with them now, is there an easy way to remove them?
    You can use Cape Cod polishing cloth...

  11. #10
    Member JBernstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    341

    Re: Happy owner of 750T Sharkhunter (not quite yet)

    I stand corrected !! Strange that they don't give both tools for the screwed link bracelets...

    I have a whole plethora of watch tools, so it's not much of an issue for me, but...

    Anyway, I'm glad it all worked out and POST PICS!!!!! (we LOVE pictures )

    Jeremy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •