Hello Everyone

Thread: Hello Everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello Everyone

Just like to say hello, just joined the forum. Usually sport the Rolex and have had a few sea dwellers but just had an impulse buy on flea bay about an hour ago and it looks like i'm now the proud owner of a sub 750t sharkhunter (2006 model). been commercial diving for more years than i care to remember , so it should come in handy anyway!! just been learning a little about doxas from your very informative site. The watch i just bought is number 534. Is the numbering random or are the watches numbered consecutively as sold? Are there any fakes about? should really have done a bit more research b4 i bid, i know, but its done now. Does £540 sound reasonable and what questions should iask b4 parting with my cash??
    thanks guys, (and gals of course)

Re: Hello Everyone

Hey mate, welcome to the forum and the world of Doxa!

Sounds like you're a Brit, Sheffield??

£540 is a good buy - a new one arriving here after VAT is about £850

No fakes known as such, a few watches made out of parts but no blatant copies. And numbering is random, 5000 750Ts were officially made. Have a good look round here and all your questions will be answered!

Cheers,
    David.

Hi, welcome to the forum Hope you've got an understanding missus and a good doctor-these are addictive!
    Cheers
    Cheers
    Mark

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bladesman View Post
    Just like to say hello, just joined the forum. Usually sport the Rolex and have had a few sea dwellers but just had an impulse buy on flea bay about an hour ago and it looks like i'm now the proud owner of a sub 750t sharkhunter (2006 model). been commercial diving for more years than i care to remember , so it should come in handy anyway!! just been learning a little about doxas from your very informative site. The watch i just bought is number 534. Is the numbering random or are the watches numbered consecutively as sold? Are there any fakes about? should really have done a bit more research b4 i bid, i know, but its done now. Does £540 sound reasonable and what questions should iask b4 parting with my cash??
    thanks guys, (and gals of course)
    First................. to the Forum. Please hang around and Post a bit.

It will not be long before you will be selling the rolexes so that you can buy multiple Doxas with each sale

Now, to your questions. You picked a perfect time to buy your first Doxa as Fleabay has been overrun with Subs lately. This happens very frequently when a new model comes out. (The 5000T has just started shipping this week, and the new 2 Register T-Graph will start shipping next month) So, prices are a little soft on Pre-owned Doxas.

The production number is Random. There were a total of 5000T Cases and this included ALL 750T watches (except the GMTs of course). This means that there are actually fewer Sharkys out there. You have gotten a really limited watch

You really do not have to worry much about fakes, especially in the Re-edition series. I think you got a very fair deal on the watch without seeing it. Send me the link and I can give you a better idea.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

thanks david, it is sheffield indeed- was it the bladesman that gave it away?

Welcome aboard. Your price wasn't too bad. They usually go anywhere from $1100 to $1300 depending upon the day. There are no fakes around for the new Doxas. Some of the older ones (1960s and 1970s) can be considered "franken" watches - those that are extremely modified or have parts from several generations together in one watch. Although the serial numbers are random, different models seem to be bunched together, for example Sharks seem to be grouped in one bunch of 1100-1600, Pros can be in a group of 1250-1500, some Searamblers can be grouped in 100-250. These are not the exact groupings, just examples. The TOTAL run of 5000 include ALL 750T cases - Pros, Sharks, SRrs, COSCs, Caribbeans, etc.
    Last edited by whaler; December 12th, 2007 at 23:53.
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

thanks Jason, just pm'd you the link- hope it works.dave

Welcome aboard. The price actually sounds pretty good. The 750Ts went for $1379 USD in April. I took that number from My Doxa invoice. I'm hoping you bought in UK as you're quoting Lbs so you won't have to deal with Import duties or VAT. The numbering is totally random. The other thing you might be interested in knowing is that the 750Ts are almost at the end of their run and that no more will be made, for a total of 5000( this number includes all models, Pro, Sharkhunter, Searambler, Caribbean, and Divingstar). There are no fakes out (to my knowledge) however, there are what we refer to as Frankenwatches (comprised of genuine parts), in the vintage market. If I'm misinformed on any of these points someone will step up and correct me. Enjoy your Doxa.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

I do aim to trawl through all the posts on the site eventually, and apologise in advance if the question has been answered b4, but is it known how many sharkhunters were made outof the total of 5000?

thanks Joe, buyer is including a vat certificate in the sale, so this should simplify matters for me when / if i need to send the watch for servicing or repairs i should imagine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information