Help with first Doxa
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Help with first Doxa

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cool Help with first Doxa

Iím considering buying my first Doxa. I needed some help with a question.

Which Doxa being produced wears the smallest? I ask because my wrist is about 6.5 inches. My largest watch is actually my SKX and it wears fine. Itís 42mm x 46mm I believe. I can go up to about 48mm lug length but thatís it.

So some help from the Doxa crowd would help. Pics with wrist size as help are of course a plus also

Thanks
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Re: Help with first Doxa

I don't have pics with me at the moment but is you Google "Doxa Sub vs SKX007" you will get a lot of good pics, some from past threads here. Might give you a more immediate feel than waiting for pics.

I find they wear about the same. My Doxa 1200T I wear on the bracelet while the Seiko is typically worn on a mil style strap. I'll try to snap a few pics tomorrow-just not feasible right now.
    City74 likes this.

I've got the new Poseidon. I've had an SKX007 and currently have an SRPC49K. All wear similar in size. I have 6.75 wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    City74 likes this.
    Mavan Enthusiast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

The time is secondary.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

El Loco Norwegian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I’m considering buying my first Doxa. I needed some help with a question.

Which Doxa being produced wears the smallest? I ask because my wrist is about 6.5 inches. My largest watch is actually my SKX and it wears fine. It’s 42mm x 46mm I believe. I can go up to about 48mm lug length but that’s it.

So some help from the Doxa crowd would help. Pics with wrist size as help are of course a plus also

Thanks
    I'm a recent first time Doxa owner, and was in your shoes not that long ago. I wanted a watch that wore no bigger than my SKX.

I went with a 1200T. (Be forewarned: Doxa's can be addictive. I now have 2 1200's.)

Another Doxa that wears like an SKX is the 300T 50th Anniversary. It has a 45.1mm case (not 47mm, per Doxa's published specs).

The 1200T case is 44.6mm. Your SKX has a 45.8mm case. Both the Doxa and SKX have a shallow case curve, from lug tip to lug tip, like an upside down dinner plate. Both have protruding case backs, like right side up saucers, that extend down below the lug tips ... lifting the watch off the wrist.

For me, the SKX and 1200 wears about the same. The SKX's extra 1mm has is not an issue. Your mileage may vary.

As for wrist pics, I wear a size 9 shoe, and have a 36 waist. Why am I telling you this? Because both of those measurements have as much relevance as your wrist circumference when it comes to if a watch will fit you.

Wrists come in different shapes and sizes. Some are flat, some square, others more rounded. A wide flat 6.5" circumference wrist can often wear a larger case watch than a rounded 7" wrist. It's the flat real estate on top of your wrist that matters.

You have that measurement, and know you can wear up to a 48mm case. That also opens up the Doxa 1500 as a possibility. BUT that watch shares the same case design as the 1200 and SKX. Meaning it wears larger than the case size suggests. It will wear larger than your SKX.

Have you ever tried a 48mm Seiko Turtle? That will wear like a Doxa 1500. More like a 50mm case.

You haven't mentioned which color? There's orange, orange, and of course orange. Your choice. (Hey, I don't make the rules. It's like your SKX: international law requires that it can only be worn on a flat vent rubber, or SS Jubilee.) There are other color Doxa's, but those are only revealed once you have an orange one on your wrist. That's where the trouble starts...
    matthew P, City74 and Nikita70 like this.

In spite of having a 7.75" wrist, I've lately been gravitating away from chunky watches. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy. The 1500t is a great watch, but I found myself wanting something smaller. Found a great deal on one of the 300 Sub 50th Anniversary and haven't regretted it. The case diameter is 42.5 mm with a height of 12.40 mm. I've read that the L2L is 45 mm, which considering the cushion case shape, sounds about right. The smaller dial size makes it appear smaller than it is. It has the look and feel of a vintage dive watch, which I believe was the intention.

I've always loved the look of the Searambler, but the Professional is quintessential Doxa. The 300 Black Lung release has been an even bigger hit, the only differences being the Aqualung logo and the price. And yes, I could use some exfoliation on my arm.

City74 and adg31 like this.

A 1000T would fit nicely. I have 6.25in wrist with a flat topside where the watch sits flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    City74 and adg31 like this.

Wow. Thanks for the help everyone. It’s nice to see some shots of actual watches on similar sized wrists as mine. Also great to get some first hand experience with the watch and thoughts compared to a watch I own. That’s what this forum is all about. The watch that caught my attention first was the 1200T Caribbean because it fills 2 slots in my collection, a great diver and a blue dialed watch. I love the 300 releases also and I think the Searambler is my fav. I know this is probably going to get me tarred and feathered around these parts but I’m not much on yellow or orange dials. I have had a watch with each dial color before and I got tired of them quickly. I think they look awesome but I know me and what I would wear. I love the looks of the orange and yellow on other people it’s just not me.

The Sub 1200 or one of the 50th Anniversary 'thin case' 300 variants would be your best bet. Both have a very similar on-wrist footprint, but the 1200 is a lot more modern and closer to an SKX (in thickness and dial aperture), while the 300 has a much smaller dial and a more minimized wrist presence. They're both great for smaller wrists, but both ultimately yield a very different vibe on the wrist.
    City74 likes this.

Well I just found out that the blue Caribbean isn’t being sold with the blue lettered bezel, it’s got the orange lettered one now. That puts a stop to me buying the Caribbean as I don’t like it as much with orange on it. I think the black dial with orange is alright tho and the 300 in black or silver dial is also still a thought

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information