Help me decide
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Help me decide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me decide

Just beginning to look at Doxa after years of collecting everything else. I like the uniqueness of the brand with so many ‘me to’ Divers our there. I particularly like the 1200 T in orange of course. If I only buy one, is the one ? Is the Doxa website the only source of new Doxas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Help me decide

I've owned a lot of watches over the years including a Rolex Submariner and Omega Seamaster before I bought my first Doxa - a 50th anniversary SUB 300 Professional.
    The Doxa proved to be much more comfortable than the Rolex Oyster bracelet due to its greater flexibility whilst the clasp offered adjustments that you didn't get on the Omega.
    It is more accurate gaining less than a second per month and has a rock solid build quality on par with any of my other divers. This means that it feels like a tool watch that you would wear anywhere with no worry.
    Best of all it doesn't look like any other brand, has its own unique dive history and a great forum.
    The Rolex and Omega are now both gone once the only watch I picked up every day had become my Doxa.
    Would I recommend it to anyone else!
    Absolutely 100% if you like the design.

It's not just a dive watch - it's a Doxa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adg31; August 5th, 2018 at 18:29.
    SSTOOTS, Des2471, gaopa and 2 others like this.

Re: Help me decide

You simply can’t go wrong with a Pro 1200t as a first Doxa. Nice size, comfortable and an iconic dive watch. As for a new purchase, the Doxa website is the only place I’m aware of tho you’ll see new unused Doxas offered here and there on the interwebs (well, maybe not the 1200t).

Go for the Pro! But fair warning: Doxas can be addicting-one seems to lead to more.
    Des2471, gaopa, adg31 and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 1200T is a great watch not too big and not too small, but the 50th Anniversary 300 is the epitome of wrist comfort if you aren't turned off by the smaller dial and domed xstall.
    Kinesis, adg31, gaopa and 1 others like this.
    Current collection: Early 70’s Doxa 300T Aqua Lung Sharkhunter, '92 Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 3590.50, '95 Bell & Ross by Sinn 103, '00 Panerai 064C, '01 Panerai 087D, '03 Panerai 087F, '08 Seiko SBDA003, '08 Seiko SBDA005, '10 Doxa 1200T Diving with Legends 70/99, '10 Doxa 1200T NUMA Turquoise 4/50, '11 Doxa 1200T NUMA Blue 58/100, '14 Doxa 800TI Mission 31, '14 Doxa 1500T Aware II, '15 Fortiss Stratoliner Panda, '16 Helson H2O Kalamar, '17 Doxa 1200T DW 11/25, '17 Doxa 300 Black Lung Reissue Preproduction Prototype (no serial#), '17 Tudor Black Bay LHD, '18 Doxa 300T Poseidon Reissue, '18 Doxa 300 Silver Lung Reissue, '18 Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter '18 Seiko SRPC23, '18 Seiko SRPC49, '18 Seiko SRPC91, '18 Seiko SRPC93

I had the same dilemma - I love the classic orange due to the countless hours I've spent in Cussler's novels over the past 2 decades, but I equally love the turquoise PA and the yellow Poseidon. However, for my first I went with the 1200T Pro... yesterday. Now I wait!
    adg31 and SERGEANT_AT_ARMS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTOOTS View Post
    Just beginning to look at Doxa after years of collecting everything else. I like the uniqueness of the brand with so many ‘me to’ Divers our there. I particularly like the 1200 T in orange of course. If I only buy one, is the one ? Is the Doxa website the only source of new Doxas?
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You should get what ever Doxa appeals the most to you, and not be influenced by anyone here. And yes the Doxa website is the only place to purchase an authentic Doxa. New. If don't mind watches that are not in new condition, you can always buy pre-owned. However you may not find the model you want, or in the condition you want, or price.

I know it can be a hard decision, so to help you decide, here are the 3 colors a first time Doxa buyer may purchase. Just happen to be 1200's because that's what I have.

Good luck!

Name:  _DSC5125.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  2.91 MB
    Name:  _DSC5112.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  3.03 MB
    Name:  lune4.jpg
Size:  1.90 MB
    Des2471 and El Loco Norwegian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagosailor7 View Post
    I had the same dilemma - I love the classic orange due to the countless hours I've spent in Cussler's novels over the past 2 decades, but I equally love the turquoise PA and the yellow Poseidon. However, for my first I went with the 1200T Pro... yesterday. Now I wait!
    You have chosen well... I do not know of these other things you speak of...

Name:  knight.jpg
Size:  25.9 KB
    Joe90, Des2471 and adg31 like this.

I am having the same dilemma. I want a Sharkhunter because it’s subtle, but then I think I should get a Professional because of the iconic color.

Quote Originally Posted by hewesyourdaddy View Post
    I am having the same dilemma. I want a Sharkhunter because it’s subtle, but then I think I should get a Professional because of the iconic color.
    My first Doxa was an 800Ti Sharkhunter, the black dial certainly is nice, but the Professional 'defines' the brand.
    I'm a sucker for Titanium divers and I found a Sharkhunter for a pretty good price so I dipped my toe into the Doxa brand.

Within minutes of putting it on, I was on the hunt for a Professional. I still love my 800Ti, but I enjoy my 1500T Pro quite a bit as well... I then stumbled into a 1500T Project Aware 2 (Turquoise dial) that I intended to flip as my buy-in was stupidly low... it has become my favorite of the bunch.

I'd suggest going with the Pro for your first, but leave room in your watch box... it won't stay as the lone representative of Doxa for long.
    adg31 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dobbs needs Slack View Post
    I'd suggest going with the Pro for your first, but leave room in your watch box... it won't stay as the lone representative of Doxa for long.
    Well said!
    adg31 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information