Help with vintage Sub values

Thread: Help with vintage Sub values

Help with vintage Sub values

I own a ~1973 Sub300T Sharkhunter (US Divers logo) that I am interested in selling on ebay, but I'm curious what the current market is for these watches. I have owned the watch from new. It is in good shape and working, but it is not mint (no box or manual either as with the one posted by Dr. Miller). It is however unusual in that it is a silver-faced sharkhunter. It is currently fitted with a modern Doxa rice-bead type bracelet although I still have the original rice-bead bracelet (it's not useable, and I'm not sure if it's fixable). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with vintage Sub values

Quote Originally Posted by BioAm12 View Post
    I own a ~1973 Sub300T Sharkhunter (US Divers logo) that I am interested in selling on ebay, but I'm curious what the current market is for these watches. I have owned the watch from new. It is in good shape and working, but it is not mint (no box or manual either as with the one posted by Dr. Miller). It is however unusual in that it is a silver-faced sharkhunter. It is currently fitted with a modern Doxa rice-bead type bracelet although I still have the original rice-bead bracelet (it's not useable, and I'm not sure if it's fixable). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    My advice. Only sell it on Ebay as a last resort. There is no reason why you should not be able to sell it here on the forum for a fair and reasonable price. It will save you Ebay fees, and it will keep a vintage in the family. I have seen vintage Sharkys sell for as little as $650 USD and as much as $1850. There are two things that buyers are interested in:

A history of the particular watch (where you bought it, how long you have had it, has it been serviced, etc) ALL THE INFO YOU CAN OBTAIN ABOUT YOUR PARTICULAR WATCH

Very Detailed and close-up pictures from all angles of your watch.

The fact that it has a silver dial and is a sharkhunter is good and bad. It leaves a little doubt in peoples mind that it has been redialed. Also if you can show that it is authentic and original, I would say it may fetch a little more money than a black Sharky Vintage. Post some pics and several people will PM you as to what they think it is worth. Most sell for around $1000-$1200.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Thanks for the input and suggestions. I'm hardly wedded to using ebay, and if I can sell it through the forum I'm all for it. I have attached some photos taken today for general consumption, although not the best, I have tried to accurately capture the appearance and condition of the watch. I have also included photos of the synchron logo on the back and on the crown. The watch was unused for many years (I probably last wore it in 1980), but received a service just over a jear ago in which the movement was completely cleaned and all seals were replaced. It keeps respectable time (gains 3-5 seconds a day).
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi -

The value of a watch is always determined by the willingness of a buyer to pay for what is offered. jclevoy is right: I think you can find a more astute set of buyers here as opposed to eBay, given that this is a fairly esoteric offer that might not be easily understoof by the average eBayer.

Best of luck!

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Thread Information