Hmmmmm dodgy DOXA on the bay ????

Thread: Hmmmmm dodgy DOXA on the bay ????

Hmmmmm dodgy DOXA on the bay ????

Hi All,

I've come across a DOXA watch on the bay that I am a little suspicious about and I thought it may be worth bringing it to your attention, I may however be way off base so please please correct me if I am wrong. Also I think the seller appears to be selling it in good faith so this is in no way a reflection upon them. I would just hate one of you guys or gals getting what they thought was a very rare Doxa diver that turned out to be something else.

The watch is a yellow faced dive watch and I have 'borrowed' their pictures to show what I mean.

I think the watch may be an Aquadive thats had a Doxa dial fitted, if you compare the cases they look the same, especially the bezel and hands. Also notice the dial looks immaculate.

This is the case back that appears to have been machined and over polished like the case.

This is the Aquadive caseback.

I may of course be completely wrong and its an ultra rare Doxa that we have not seen yet, in that case :oops::oops::oops:

Cheers

Simon
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Re: Hmmmmm dodgy DOXA on the bay ????

Hi Si - Stuart here form TZ

Yeh looks a bit like a redial to me and not a very good one to boot however I too hope I'm wrong - any one else have any thoughts???
    Rolex Sea Dweller / Omega Seamaster 300 / Doxa SUB 300T Professional / Casio G-Shock DW5000SL Spike Lee / Casio G-Shock MT-G

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Sure are a lot of similarities!

While they do look a lot alike, I'll point out a couple of obvious differences you've no doubt noticed, the hands of the Aquadive narrow at the root where the mystery watch's do not (also it's hour hand extends beyond center). And the second hand is completely different. No big deal, and minor differences for all the similarities. I'm curious to see what the experts come up with for us on this one .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

^^^^^^^^

Thanks T Bone I had completely missed the hand differences :oops:
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Thread Information