How does the Doxa wear

Thread: How does the Doxa wear

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How does the Doxa wear

I have just been to my AD to try on the watches i thought i wanted before looking at the Doxa's, these being the new Breitling Avenger Seawolf and the Big Size Omega Planet Ocean,

The Breitling was massive the diameter size was ok but i couldn't get over the thickness of it just had a look on the website and it is nearly 19mm where as the doxa im after is 14mm (the 800TI) also sorry to all of you breitling owners out there this is the first time i have been in contact with them and im not actually impressed there is just something about them that feels cheapish, (sorry just my opinion) and one of the numerals was wonky, the guy was a bit peed when i saw this and said he was going to contact them straight after.

The Omega was nice, not as thick but felt it was just a bit too dressy, im wanting a watch that can dress up but will look good with shorts and a tshirt. Also tried on the Speedmaster which i have never considered but that was a nice watch.

So back to the Doxa, do people find it will dress how i want it, also a bit dubious about how much the bezel sticks out from the case, does it get caught on things alot?

Cheers for any responses.

Re: How does the Doxa wear

I have a 750T and I have no issues with it getting caught on anything. I also wore my brother in-laws 800ti and it wore very similar to my 750T with the exception of weight.

I do wear a shirt and tie everyday as well if that helps. I also wore a Omega Plant Ocean and never had issues either. The Omega might be a bit larger in size but it's not as think as the Doxa.

Chris

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Quote Originally Posted by Law4778 View Post
    I have just been to my AD to try on the watches i thought i wanted before looking at the Doxa's, these being the new Breitling Avenger Seawolf and the Big Size Omega Planet Ocean,

The Breitling was massive the diameter size was ok but i couldn't get over the thickness of it just had a look on the website and it is nearly 19mm where as the doxa im after is 14mm (the 800TI) also sorry to all of you breitling owners out there this is the first time i have been in contact with them and im not actually impressed there is just something about them that feels cheapish, (sorry just my opinion) and one of the numerals was wonky, the guy was a bit peed when i saw this and said he was going to contact them straight after.

The Omega was nice, not as thick but felt it was just a bit too dressy, im wanting a watch that can dress up but will look good with shorts and a tshirt. Also tried on the Speedmaster which i have never considered but that was a nice watch.

So back to the Doxa, do people find it will dress how i want it, also a bit dubious about how much the bezel sticks out from the case, does it get caught on things alot?

Cheers for any responses.
    Hi there -

The 800Ti, the 750T Sharkhunter or any of the 1000Ts would fit well into the description you outlined. I am, of course, a little biased!

James

DOXA

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The three sizes of Doxa I own all wear the same on my wrist and all fit under a shirt cuff with no problem. Some people have an issue with the 15mm thick 1000T. I think that the way a watch fits depends on your individual wrist anatomy. Personally, I've never met a Doxa I wouldn't keep.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstawasz View Post
    The three sizes of Doxa I own all wear the same on my wrist and all fit under a shirt cuff with no problem. Some people have an issue with the 15mm thick 1000T. I think that the way a watch fits depends on your individual wrist anatomy. Personally, I've never met a Doxa I wouldn't keep.

Joe
    Joe, you're absolutely right, "wearability" has everything to do with the individual's wrist shape and size. For example, my wrist is 7" in circumference, but lean(bony) and relatively flat. The 1000T caseback rests right in the depression between the radium and ulna, so when I wear the 1000T, it wears just like a 600T. Now if someone's wrist was fuller, and more round, then I could see where the extra thickness of the 1000T caseback could make the watch sit too high.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Wearing a suit right now at work with my Doxa SUB1000T Sharkhunter and it looks great.
    ---------------------------
    I also have the 42MM Omega PO and I love that watch as well---I do think it is a bit dressier but that is my own opinion....

I would have to say that I think the Breitling Superocean would be a better comparison w/a 42MM Case and 15MM thick....

Mike

I own several Doxas as well as a couple other brands. I have to say, the Doxas are by far the most comfortable watches that I have ever worn. There is something about the cushion-style case and the ricebead bracelet that makes it ULTRA comfortable.

JMHO
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Law

Just buy one. It's comfortable, it will wear well and they are far more impressive than the pictures do credit. Guaranteed you won't find anyone else wearing one in Yorkshire.

If you don't like it, then sell it on.

Adrian
    Caribbean SUB750T #111
    Professional SUB750T #4796 (back from repair )

just tried ordering and its refused my credit card but its says this wiil be because im ordering something out of the country, need to ring my bank to tell them im ordering this watch, i just hope it is still in stock when i order tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Law4778 View Post
    just tried ordering and its refused my credit card but its says this wiil be because im ordering something out of the country, need to ring my bank to tell them im ordering this watch, i just hope it is still in stock when i order tomorrow.
    Excellent Law on ordering ... I have the same problem, just depends on which credit card I use. You might also try calling them (doxa) and ordering it that way.

John
    John M.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information