Hypnotic Doxa
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Hypnotic Doxa

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hypnotic Doxa

I’ve heard of Doxa and its Orange Dial for the first time in the ‘90s when I read all Clive Cussler/DirkPitt’s Novels. In those days I thought that it was the fictional name of the Pitt’s diver watch. Indeed, I never saw an orange dial in my life.
    It was about ten years ago that by chance I found on the internet some photos of an old Doxa 300T. So I knew that Doxa really existed since the ‘60s and was used by the greatest divers of all times.
    I was impressed by that design, by the orange dial and by the history of the brand.
    A few later I found that Doxa had produced some modern models which recalled the old design of the first watches. The new watches were simply gorgeous and they immediately became my object of desire. I really wanted one of those amazing timepieces. But very soon I found that their price exceeded my psycological budget for a watch.
    So I began to seek other watches with a lower cost that vaguely recalled some of Doxa’s features. In the last years I bought more than ten different diver watches with a price under $ 300,00, among which the one that I prefer is the Seiko Orange Monster, obviously for its Orange Dial.
    But I was never really satisfied. Often I returned to the Doxa website to look at that pipe dream.
    The last time I visited the Doxa website was about eight months ago, when several times I was on the verge of clicking the “Buy It” button. But at the very crucial moment I always gave up. It was too much money for a single watch, “What’s special about this watch that justifies its price?” I thought.
    So time went by and I resigned myself to forget even the Doxa name.
    But I think those watches have something hypnotic that engages your subconscious. In effect , altough for a long time I didn’t think of Doxa, some days ago I simply woke up, I had breakfast, I turned on the computer, I went on the Doxa site and clicked the magic button, without thinking and ……WOW, eventually I ordered a 1200T Professional!
    The customer service of DOXA is very efficient and cordial. The shipping was very fast and now my first Doxa is on my wrist.

Name:  foto1.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  311.0 KB

Name:  foto2.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  326.6 KB

Name:  foto3.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  281.0 KB

Name:  foto5.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  331.3 KB

Believe me. This is not a watch. This is THE Watch. If you like diver watches don’t waste your money in lower cost timepieces. Save it and when you reach the right sum buy a Doxa. It will hypnotize whoever will look at your wrist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Time is really the only capital that any human being has and the thing that he can least afford to waste or lose" (Thomas A. Edison)

Re: Hypnotic Doxa

Your screwed! Welcome to the obsession. Best of luck. Ray
    stallion2 and Amfibius like this.
    300T Divingstar
    5000T COSC Sharkhunter

1000T COSC Pro
    200T Nymph
    1200T Searambler
    Lumi Nox 3600
    Seiko 7n36-7a09
    Tag Heuer Professional
    Jules Jurgensen 6355 (my 1st diver)

Fantastic story Amfibius, I feel your pain. I too found Doxa purely by accident (my Seiko 6309-7049 needed a spa trip and I needed a watch to hold me over). I got an orange Monster, and though it's great (I still have it), the Doxa siren continued to ring in my ears.

After fighting for about a year, I broke down and bought the 750T Pro. I haven't looked back since. Heck, it's so good and so right that I soon purchased a 1000T Divingstar; Doxa bliss. They both have regular wrist-time, along with the OM and a few others. But the Doxa are somehow "ore special" ... and I can't explain it any better than that.

Thanks again for sharing, wear them in the best of health, and I'll keep an eye out for more pics (diving?) in the future.
    Amfibius and curious cheese like this.
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats, enjoy it. As a dive watch fan, I knew as soon as I learned the Doxa history and saw one that I had to have one.
    Amfibius likes this.

Congratulations, Amfibius! Your 1200T Sub looks great! Mine says hi! to yours! Cheers, Bill P.

Amfibius and Belldiver like this.

amfibius - i walk the same lonely road as well. 1st heard of Doxa through Dirk Pitt about 10 years ago. however, i immediately did a search and learned of their existence and it has haunted me ever since. as of late i have been eyeballing their 800Ti but have not taken the leap. i can tell not what the future holds but your brazen action may be the spark needed to send me over the edge...

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    Your screwed! Welcome to the obsession. Best of luck. Ray
    ...or as hray put it, "i'm screwed"

congrats on the acquisition
    Amfibius likes this.

I don't have an Orange faced Diver, well I have the 2005 T-Graph Pro, but that's not the same. I do have the 1000T Yellow Divingstar though. Doxa shipped it in 4 days. For sure Doxa knows how to get you your watch fast after you order. But it's one that I most likely will never sell. Only 100 ever made.

Amfibius likes this.

Loved your story because it is so very similar to my own! Life is too short not to own an orange faced Doxa dive watch! Every time I have in on my wrist, I am hypnotized by its tool watch handsomeness!

It is true that once you've broken that barrier, somehow another Doxa at the same price seems reasonable!

My vintage SUB 300T Pro, SUB 1200T DWL Pro, and SUB 1200T NUMA Pro say hello and welcome!

Amfibius and MHe225 like this.

Love the 1200T Pro. Great choice.
    Amfibius likes this.

This is not making my decision to hold off on a 1200T Sharkie any easier.
    Amfibius likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information