I just looked at the bay......

Thread: I just looked at the bay......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I just looked at the bay......

....and saw something remarkable. There were 58 items offered as Doxa's.
    And believe it or not, 4 watches offered by different sellers were the highly collectable 750sub, Caribbean, of which only 250 pieces have been made!
    I have bought this watch recently from Nick but it took me 6 months to buy one. I checked the bay and the watch sites everyday. I saw 4. Two were sold within 1 hour and 1 within 20 minutes. Three were CONUS deals only. Speaking of statistics, there is a very low probability that such rare watch is offered by 4 sellers at the same time. I guess collectors are selling to fund "a new doxa supersub grail"
    Regards,
    Adrian.

Re: I just looked at the bay......

Dont tell everyone GEESH! Now how am I supposed to sneak my order in...

They would not be getting the numbers they are if the new one had a orange hand. It would be allot tougher to sell the old ones IF Doxa would put a orange hand and helmet on the SUB1000T's COSC's available now. HINT HINT

In case you did not get the hint. Blue dials should have a orange hand.
    You can't buy time but you can always buy a watch.

My ever changing collection...
    • CITIZEN-Calibre 2100 Eco-Drive
    • HAMILTON-Riva Chronograph
    • MOVADO-Original Bold Museum Chronograph Blue
    • PANERAI-Luminor Sub Chrono 1000M PAM187
    • ROLEX-Deepsea Sea-Dweller
    • SEIKO ANANTA Chronograph SRQ005
    • ROLEX GMT II Black/Blue
    • and way too many others in previous times.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Chronometer, I'm new here so forgive me for asking, but do you mean to say the blue faced Carribean SUB1000T should have orange hands? And maybe a helmet? =)

(I'm partial to those colors too...)

Quote Originally Posted by sirahren View Post
    Chronometer, I'm new here so forgive me for asking, but do you mean to say the blue faced Carribean SUB1000T should have orange hands? And maybe a helmet? =)

(I'm partial to those colors too...)
    Yes! You hit the nail on the head! The SUB1000T Caribbean should have a orange minute hand and a helmet.
    You can't buy time but you can always buy a watch.

My ever changing collection...
    • CITIZEN-Calibre 2100 Eco-Drive
    • HAMILTON-Riva Chronograph
    • MOVADO-Original Bold Museum Chronograph Blue
    • PANERAI-Luminor Sub Chrono 1000M PAM187
    • ROLEX-Deepsea Sea-Dweller
    • SEIKO ANANTA Chronograph SRQ005
    • ROLEX GMT II Black/Blue
    • and way too many others in previous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronometer View Post
    They would not be getting the numbers they are if the new one had a orange hand. It would be allot tougher to sell the old ones IF Doxa would put a orange hand and helmet on the SUB1000T's COSC's available now. HINT HINT

In case you did not get the hint. Blue dials should have a orange hand.

Not true at all.

Most folks want the larger size 750 case and not the unisex sized 1000.

Maybe we'll get a sub5000 Caribbean with an orange hand (and before the returning customers discount ends) - how about it Rick (aka Santa)?

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    Not true at all.

Most folks want the larger size 750 case and not the unisex sized 1000.
    I think what's true, is that people want what they can't have or either they're compulsive complainers.

When the 750T was the only size available, people were complaining that they wanted something smaller. They wanted the 600T back.

Well, DOXA answered with the 1000T(almost identical in size to the 600T) and now people complain that it's too small and they want a new watch, similar in size to the 750T.

I swear, it never ends.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    I think what's true, is that people want what they can't have or either they're compulsive complainers.

When the 750T was the only size available, people were complaining that they wanted something smaller. They wanted the 600T back.

Well, DOXA answered with the 1000T(almost identical in size to the 600T) and now people complain that it's too small and they want a new watch, similar in size to the 750T.

I swear, it never ends.
    This is completely true. I am definitely a fan of the 750T case size, but I am not sure I would go as far as to say the 1000T is "unisex" sized. My vintage Doxas are very closely sized to the 1000T and I think they wear very nicely. My wife would never wear one. It is too big for a petite woman.

I do believe this is why Doxa is releasing the 5000T, the T-Graph, and the 1000T all simultaneously. There really should be something for everyone, but still there is complaining
    Last edited by Jason71; December 8th, 2007 at 21:01.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    This is completely true. I am definitely a fan of the 750T case size, but I am not sure I would go as far as to say the 1000T is "unisex" sized. My vintage Doxas are very closely sized to the 1000T and I think they wear very nicely. My wife would never wear one. It is too big for a petite woman.

I do believe this is why Doxa is releasing the 5000T, the T-Graph, and the 1000T all simultaneously. There really should be something for everyone, but still there is complaining
    After receiving my son's 600T and wearing it around the house a bit, I now know for sure that the 750T is the right size for me. I would finally come to that conclusion, as the 750T production is all but over.

I am optimistic though and I'm hoping that we'll see a more basic,traditional and tool-like Sub built on the 5000T platform. One that will fill the shoes left behind by the 750T.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information