I just wanted to say thank you to everyone.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By BlueSi_425

Thread: I just wanted to say thank you to everyone.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone.

Good Day to you all,

I just wanted to take a second to personally thank everyone on this forum as well as DOXA and Mr.Cussler. I don’t post as much as I should but you all are the reason that I got my first real dive watch as well as found my new hobby. After reading Mr.Cussler’s book and becoming a huge fan of Dirk and Al I was drawn to DOXA as I became more immersed in the series and spent countless hours on this forum reading about the watches till I pulled the trigger and with my luck I got a 750t Cussler edition 5000 of 5000.

Just the other month I was able to head to Maui with Poseidon’s Arrow in hand and would not have left home without my 750T. While walking the beach front walkway I passed a learn to dive booth. Looked at the book in my hand and said to myself what the hell I want to be like Dirk. The next morning after calling Doxa’s great customer service to reassure myself that one of my expensive watches would be ok...and to finger tighten down the crown a nervous me was in the water....watch on wrist. After a class in the pool I moved to the beach and dove Black Rock and have to say that it was a life changing experience and I look forward to becoming an avid scuba diver.

Thank you all and cheers.
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ref.114060
    Panerai 111
    Breitling SuperOcean SteelFish
    Doxa SUB 750t Professional 5000/5000

Pelikan Souveran M805
    Waterman Phileas, Black/Gold

Re: I just wanted to say thank you to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSi_425 View Post
    Good Day to you all,

I just wanted to take a second to personally thank everyone on this forum as well as DOXA and Mr.Cussler. I don’t post as much as I should but you all are the reason that I got my first real dive watch as well as found my new hobby. After reading Mr.Cussler’s book and becoming a huge fan of Dirk and Al I was drawn to DOXA as I became more immersed in the series and spent countless hours on this forum reading about the watches till I pulled the trigger and with my luck I got a 750t Cussler edition 5000 of 5000.

Just the other month I was able to head to Maui with Poseidon’s Arrow in hand and would not have left home without my 750T. While walking the beach front walkway I passed a learn to dive booth. Looked at the book in my hand and said to myself what the hell I want to be like Dirk. The next morning after calling Doxa’s great customer service to reassure myself that one of my expensive watches would be ok...and to finger tighten down the crown a nervous me was in the water....watch on wrist. After a class in the pool I moved to the beach and dove Black Rock and have to say that it was a life changing experience and I look forward to becoming an avid scuba diver.

Thank you all and cheers.
    Thank you and all the best

Outstanding!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Great story, and congrats on your new found hobby. Keep us updated as your diving progresses, and make sure to post some pics.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Fantastic story, and, by the way, you have great taste in hobbies, watches and literature!

I received my only (but not last) Doxa after I completed my open water. It's a strictly 'warm water diver' for me - but there is nothing cooler than being down 40, 50 feet, looking over, and seeing that orange face staring back at you - ticking away. It almost seems more natural to see one underwater than on land.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Thread Information