I need help! DOXAHOLICS NEEDED

Thread: I need help! DOXAHOLICS NEEDED

I need help! DOXAHOLICS NEEDED

Hello fellow watch lovers,

I just purchased my first Doxa a 750t sharkhunter. I need your advise, should my next Doxa be a 5000t pro or the new 800ti pro. I need orange really bad. By the way on the food network. The show DINERS, DRIVE INS AND DIVES is the host wearing a Doxa 1000t? It looks like he wears a couple of different DOXAS. I have been reading the forum and the feel I get is "family". thanks for your help.

rick

these are a few of mine
    rolex submariner
    breitling chronomat evolution
    luminox evo diver
    hamilton frogman
    doxa 750t
    casio gshock-1st watch I purchased when I became a rookie cop.

Re: I need help! DOXAHOLICS NEEDED

welcome to the family.congrats on your purchase of a 750 sharkie.as for your question on 5000t or the 800ti only you can awnser that question.they are both great choices and both similar.5000 has the helium release valve and a domed crystal.800 has titamium case and tubes.the 800 is very limited compared to the 5000.maby the other members can help you make a choice.i personaly love my 5000t.if that helps any.
    i am hooked on automatics

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi there Rick and welcome!

In terms of the next one - let me recommend the 800Ti for the following reasons -
    1. Insanely popular - selling faster than the 5000T
    2. Extremely limited - 5000T = 5000 pieces/800Ti = 500 pieces
    3. Price - right now you can purchase the 800Ti for the low, LOW price of $1,890.00 - as of January 1st the price will go up to the full retail - buying now saves you 30%. The 5000T is $2,990.00

Just some food for thought!

James

On behalf of the Inventors of Orange -

DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by panheds View Post

I just purchased my first Doxa a 750t sharkhunter. I need your advise, should my next Doxa be a 5000t pro or the new 800ti pro. I need orange really bad. By the way on the food network. The show DINERS, DRIVE INS AND DIVES is the host wearing a Doxa 1000t? It looks like he wears a couple of different DOXAS. I have been reading the forum and the feel I get is "family". thanks for your help.

rick

these are a few of mine
    rolex submariner
    luminox evo diver
    hamilton frogman
    doxa 750t

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rick,

welcome to the orange insane asylum

I can't give you advice on the 800Ti as i haven't seen one in the flesh but I do have a 750T and 5000T. The 5000T is a very different watch to the 750T. It is bigger, heavier, different design dial and hands and has a HRV.

The 800Ti is lighter and has Tritium tubes and is made of Titanium and although it has the same bracelet as the 5000T (but in Titanium) it is based on the 750T case and dial design. So in many ways you would be getting a "similar" watch. Obviously not exactly but the 5000T is completely different. Again, maybe you want something akin to the 750T then the 800Ti would be the way to go.

I'm assuming you have read this

http://www.doxa300t.com/5000t/5000t.htm

Good luck with your decision.

Pete

The 5000T and 800T are both great watches but, have you considered a GMT?. Only asking cause it's my favorite.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Quote Originally Posted by panheds View Post

rick

these are a few of mine
    rolex submariner
    luminox evo diver
    hamilton frogman
    doxa 750t
    Hi Rick,

To answer one of your questions ... "The show DINERS, DRIVE INS AND DIVES is the host wearing a Doxa 1000t?" No Guy is wearing a 750T Pro. As far as an Orange Doxa ... Well you currently have 4 choices for new watches.
    5000T Pro
    1000T Pro
    800Ti Pro
    750T GMT Pro

Any of those are fantastic watches ... it really comes down to what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. The watch most like the host Guy is going to be the 750T GMT Pro, except that it is a GMT.

If you want one just like his you will have to go the used market and pick one up that way.

I don't know what advice I can really give you ... my favorite watch is my 750T Pro.

Please do let us know which way you go and good luck ... I am sure that you will be happy with which ever one you choose.
    John M.

Welcome to the insanity!

With the high percentage of repeat buyers, I don't know if we're a family as much as a support group.

As for your next Doxa, comparing the 800Ti to the 5000T is like comparing apples to basketballs. Features aside, the 800Ti will be more exclusive and you'll never see them on sale like this again.

BTW, post plenty of pics...we love pictures!

Thank you everybody for your great remarks. I have some home work to do. I am still learning how to post to the forum. I will try later and add some pics. thanks again rick

MY vote, out of the two, goes to the 800Ti...but you should also consider the 750T GMT Pro. I am wearing that now and it really is a classic in the making.
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Rick,
    Welcome to Doxaholics anonymous, that being said RUN, RUN now before it's to late.
    If you're like most of us one or two is not enough, you'll always want another one, trust me on this I know of which I speak.
    That being said if you can't avoid the pull of the black (I mean orange) hole. I guess you have to ask yourself is the 750 the perfect size would you like a watch that's a little bigger and a little more showy, go with the 5000. If the 750 is the perfect size, would you like the watch to be a little lighter in weight maybe the 800ti is the way for you to go. If the weight and size is what you like, go to the used market and get a 750 pro.
    If you find the 750 to be a little too big and heavy maybe the 1000 is the watch for you.
    When you check out Doc Petes' site you'll see that there are alot more differences between the various models but that's the hi points.
    Good luck, Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

Thread Information