WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I need help with this watch

944 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  IanH. 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I just don't know how to take off the back cover on this watch.
Can somebody help me ????
thanks again
Sorin

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Soren,

I think it has a lip I am not sure, if it does get yourself a watch opening knife.

Ask John P. He is a Master Watch Maker!

You can reach him at the DOXA website contact page.

#4 ·
That does not look like a screw in back so don't turn it. More than likely it is a snap on back. You need, if that is the case, a watch back knife or case opener. You slide the blade between the caseback cover and case and it should pop off. Putting it back requires equal pressure around the circumference. The make tools for that as well. The least expensive and safest way it to take it to a watchmaker. Why do want to open it ?

IanH.

#7 ·
:thanks IAN
Yes it was a snap on back. I manage to open it, Thanks again.
I only want to see the mechanism inside and maybe get some information about the model. But all I could see was seventeen(17) jewel sswiss, so I still don't know anything about this model.
best regards
Sorin

#8 ·
Well,
I received this as a gift in my old country Romania , It was bought from Helvetansa SRL, and I dont think that it was so expensive- maybe 150-200 $at most but I liked the simplicity and elegance too, and it was bought couse they knew that I love those models ( I got one made probably in '40-'50, from my grandpa- and that one is working accurate even today)
you can see that one in another thread posted by me two days ago (does anybody knows about this old doxa antimagnetique ??)

Best regards and thanks for all
Sorin

#9 ·
Doxa was a very popular and well known brand in Eastern Europe about the time you are speaking about. It was big in Czech. Romania and other eastern european countires. When you had the case back open you might have seen a serial number on the movement. That might be of some value inresearching it although I doubt it. Todays Doxa has little relationship to the Doxa of that time. We have gone through this before and the old records for that time and company seem to be lost. In any event a nice watch worthy of ownership.

IanH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.