I'm Baaaaaccccckkkkkkkk

Thread: I'm Baaaaaccccckkkkkkkk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile I'm Baaaaaccccckkkkkkkk

Well it has been 10 days of nothing but travel.

3 days in Houston, 1 day in New Jersey, 2 days in Ireland, 1 day in England, 1 day in Wales then 2 more days in Ireland and back to Chicago.......

Saw all my family and kids and a few friends along the way. It was kind of a Santa Clause run, taking the books on my dad to the family and presents for Katie's 21st and her and Kieran for Christmas.

The UK was wet and gray and expensive but it was all Merry Christmas and none of this Happy Holidays sh1t. I'm starting a don't wish me feckin Happy Holidays movement but it's too early to rant just yet

Katie was delighted with the Tudor especially as it was 21 years old. I hung out with her and actually sat in on one of her lectures. Neurology and anatomy and I'm sitting smiling to myself thinking about how I used to know something about all that lot, ha, ha, ha.

Kieran is sharing a house with 3 other university lads in Reading. Jeezus it looked like someone opened the door and just threw in a hand grenade. The back garden had more buckets of empty beer bottles than most pubs I know.

Took the 750T with me for the trip. It really is one of the most comfortable Doxas ever and sure gets noticed. Our Mick was wearing his T-Graph but he went on holiday to Dubai so I only saw him for a day. He took me and our Marty to the War of the World's stage show in Belfast. Holy moly what a cracking show. Based on Jeff Wayne's CDs from 20 odd years ago. Absolutely fantastic. I'd advise anyone in the UK to go see it.

Nice to be back in cold, snowy Chicago.

Pete

Re: I'm Baaaaaccccckkkkkkkk

Good to have you back Pete! I kept the temperatures chilly for your return and I brought some of the white stuff to spread around to make it pretty outside. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Welcome back Dr. Pete In your absence I got a 750T Sharkie(my first Doxa), T shirt, cap, and your wonderful wonderful book

Kind regards
    Bob:thanks
    Bob.

Ticking away..the moments that make up a dull day.
    Omega 2254.50
    Omega 2531.80
    Rolex Submariner

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good to have you back, Pete. I am very glad you had safe travels.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Welcome home. And here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Hey Pete,
    Merry Christmas, welcome back, it's been kind of quiet around here without you.
    Glad everyone is doing well.
    Take Care Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    ...The UK was wet and gray and expensive but it was all Merry Christmas and none of this Happy Holidays sh1t. I'm starting a don't wish me feckin Happy Holidays movement but it's too early to rant just yet ...Pete
    Never too early to rail against political correctness. I'm off back to Blighty myself for Christmas. I'll miss my American home, my wife who is staying here, and the Pats destroying the Dolphins...but I sure as hell won't miss the banality of "Happy Holidays."

The War of the Worlds show look great. Probably a lot better than that awful Tom Cruise movie. And, er, glad you took the Doxa (just to keep things watch related...).
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by lordsinclair View Post
    Never too early to rail against political correctness. I'm off back to Blighty myself for Christmas. I'll miss my American home, my wife who is staying here, and the Pats destroying the Dolphins...but I sure as hell won't miss the banality of "Happy Holidays."

The War of the Worlds show look great. Probably a lot better than that awful Tom Cruise movie. And, er, glad you took the Doxa (just to keep things watch related...).
    Martin, safe travels back to Englandshire. Yep War of the Worlds was far better than the Cruise movie. It was incredibly well done and I was really pleased that our Mick stumped up for the tickets as a wee surprise for me when I came home. Justin Hayward from the original album was in the cast. Obviously Phil Lynott wasn't able to be there - well maybe he was and the guys who took his and David Essex's place were fantastic. The computer generated holographic image of Richard Burton (see top photo) was amazing. All in all a tremendous evening's entertainment.

As for the political correctness. Jeezus the world is going mad. In the UK there was talk of banning the nativity play..that got short shrift, but the real kicker was some fu$kwit wants overworked and underpaid nurses to turn patients beds to mecca 5 times a day. That brought about a bit of a backlash to say the least. Thankfully most Brits and Paddies are showing the politically correct brigade the derision they deserve. Happy Holidays my bollocks, It's Christmas. Jingle Bells, Santa smells and all that good stuff

Pete

Too funny, Doc...I mean, give me a break. I don't expect people to look at me and say "Happy Hanukkah, have a safe time spinning the dreidel." (and if I did, I'd be buying into the stereotype of my people anyway, right?

I take no offense when people say Merry Christmas to me. As far as I'm concerned, it's part of the holiday spirit and I know it's meant well. What harm is there in that? Let's face it - America is predominantly Christian, so to expect otherwise is in my opinion foolish.

And for everyone who takes this stuff too seriously - I've always thought that there are two types of racism. One is when you don't take a minority, religious or ethnic group seriously enough. The other kind is when you take it TOO seriously. That leads to way too many conflicts and heartaches.

However, in the spirit of egalitarianism, I hereby declare today and all days from this point forward, Doxa Day. So Happy Doxa Day to all of you. And may the good Doxa elves stuff your stockings, pillow cases, or anywhere else you put (or hide) your latest purchas.

Cheers,

Avi

"Individuals fail.
    Teams succeed."

Welcome back Pete, and Happy Doxa Day to you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information