Incoming!

Thread: Incoming!

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member T Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)
    Posts
    11,832

    Off topic Incoming!

    Okay, I went and bought another watch. . Like I needed one more....

    It's got a cushion case (check) is retro styled (check) has quite a pedigreed dive history (check). It is a modern "reissue" of an older watch (check) and is part of a limited edition production run (check). It's 1000m WR (check). Thing unusual about it (for me) is.......






    it's NOT a Doxa!

    More in a couple days (why isn't the mail faster? ). Stay tuned, and Watch This Space .



    Oh, did I mention I am stoked?
    Regards, T Bone.

    ______________________
    "A decent man must have a decent watch." Albert Falco



    DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

  2. #2
    Moderator Jason71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    14,477

    Re: Incoming!

    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Okay, I went and bought another watch. . Like I needed one more....

    It's got a cushion case (check) is retro styled (check) has quite a pedigreed dive history (check). It is a modern "reissue" of an older watch (check) and is part of a limited edition production run (check). It's 1000m WR (check). Thing unusual about it (for me) is.......






    it's NOT a Doxa!

    More in a couple days (why isn't the mail faster? ). Stay tuned, and Watch This Space .



    Oh, did I mention I am stoked?
    T Bone!!!! I can't believe you are going to leave us hanging. I was getting all stoked up for some great pics and then,,,,,WHAM!! Not even what kind it is...........

    C'mon, at least give us a few more hints.........

    I feel like I am back in High School and a pretty girl walks by and smiles and then she is gone...............:oops:
    Best Regards,
    Jason





  3. #3
    Member diverx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Allentown,PA
    Posts
    237

    Re: Incoming!

    Sounds like a DS-3!
    Brad

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Duffy0401's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: Incoming!

    T-Bone

    You have to tell us What you got.

    I got shafted on a Aquadive 1000 for my wife yesterday. I tried to win it on Ebay. My bid was just a little to low. Did I mention I hate Ebay.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUADIVE-1000-WO...QQcmdZViewItem

  6. #5
    DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,727

    Re: Incoming!

    Quote Originally Posted by diverx View Post
    Sounds like a DS-3!
    That's what I was thinking......Certina. So, T.....did you get the standard model or the chronograph?
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    southern California
    Posts
    13,418

    if it's the DE 3, just don't change those hands....

    they really make that watch unique! If I see another set of plongeur hands (unless it's an Omega Ploprof) I'm gonna puke.
    DW
    Last edited by David Woo; July 25th, 2007 at 00:36.

  8. #7
    Member T Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)
    Posts
    11,832

    Re: Incoming!








    Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy
    T Bone!!!! I can't believe you are going to leave us hanging. I was getting all stoked up for some great pics and then,,,,,WHAM!! Not even what kind it is...........

    C'mon, at least give us a few more hints.........

    I feel like I am back in High School and a pretty girl walks by and smiles and then she is gone...............:oops:
    Hmm, sort of thought I gave it away in the first post..... BTW, she asked me to give you a note. It reads "it has a black face, and is quite rare, especially in the 'States". She'll see you in home room .

    Quote Originally Posted by Subkrawler
    That's what I was thinking......Certina. So, T.....did you get the standard model or the chronograph?
    I'd probably go for a T-Graph before the DS-3 Chrono.....


    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy0401
    T-Bone

    You have to tell us What you got.

    I got shafted on a Aquadive 1000 for my wife yesterday. I tried to win it on Ebay. My bid was just a little to low. Did I mention I hate Ebay.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUADIVE-1000-WO...QQcmdZViewItem
    Sorry to hear about the Aquadive. I know eBay can be really frustrating (and I HATE the new hidden bidder policy on anything of significant value). But I've learned to love eBay, even buy my cars there now. I buy LOTS of stuff there. But not this watch .

    Quote Originally Posted by diverx View Post
    Sounds like a DS-3!
    Not saying. But if I were, It'd probably sound like.....

    Did I say that out loud? :oops:
    Last edited by T Bone; July 24th, 2007 at 23:43.
    Regards, T Bone.

    ______________________
    "A decent man must have a decent watch." Albert Falco



    DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

  9. #8
    Member T Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)
    Posts
    11,832

    Re: Incoming!

    Lol... well, I really sort of like the stock hands on a DS-3. I'm told they can also easily be changed back, but at least the second hand I really like. The minute hand is okay. The hour hand might just be able to grow on me.....

    (This from a guy who swapped dials/movements in a Pro and a MilShark? BTW, do you still have the MilPro? Not seen a pic of it in a looonng time!).
    Last edited by T Bone; July 24th, 2007 at 22:39.
    Regards, T Bone.

    ______________________
    "A decent man must have a decent watch." Albert Falco



    DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

  10. #9
    Member iWatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    349

    Re: Incoming!

    T,

    Congratulations! Can't wait to see it!
    Darin

    Breitling SuperOcean
    1960 DOXA Automatic
    1960 Omega Seamaster DeVille
    TAG Heuer 2000

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Incoming: Zeno Divers SEL 300
      By amish in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: July 17th, 2007, 22:00
    2. New Diver Incoming...
      By zoomzoomers in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: January 30th, 2007, 01:43
    3. Incoming Seiko!
      By DP02SS in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: October 18th, 2006, 18:47
    4. Incoming...
      By zippofan in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: October 15th, 2006, 03:57
    5. Incoming
      By Tragic in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: July 2nd, 2006, 19:50

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •