Incoming, First time Doxa owner. Thoughts?
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Incoming, First time Doxa owner. Thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DCJ
    Banned

Incoming, First time Doxa owner. Thoughts?

Hello to all,

So I've been collecting high end watches since I was 26 and now I'm 41. In all those years did I ever own a Doxa. Well I decided to get this limited edition of 1200 made and I got #60. You guys mind sharing your thoughts on if I chose a good one for my first Doxa? It's not here yet but I hope it ships tomorrow. I thought this particular bracelet was a bit different which I'm a bracelet only guy. I'm quite new to Doxa although I could write a short novel on Breitling lol. It's quite hard to tell the difference between all their models but this one stood out to me. Did I do okay as it being my first Doxa I've ever purchased? Thanks a bunch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DCJ
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
    Hello to all,

So I've been collecting high end watches since I was 26 and now I'm 41. In all those years did I ever own a Doxa. Well I decided to get this limited edition of 1200 made and I got #60. You guys mind sharing your thoughts on if I chose a good one for my first Doxa? It's not here yet but I hope it ships tomorrow. I thought this particular bracelet was a bit different which I'm a bracelet only guy. I'm quite new to Doxa although I could write a short novel on Breitling lol. It's quite hard to tell the difference between all their models but this one stood out to me. Did I do okay as it being my first Doxa I've ever purchased? Thanks a bunch.
    Sorry my other pic didn't show. These are pics from my AD.

Re: Incoming, First time Doxa owner. Thoughts?

It's a good thing mate.
    Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I hope you enjoy your new Doxa. I have only been a Doxa owner for a few years, but now have two, a 1200T Professional and a 1200T Sharkhunter. Before my Doxa watches i had lots of other nice watches and still do. However, Doxa has a special place in my collection. We are looking forward to learning your thoughts on your Doxa when you get it.

First of all many many congrats. Doxas are just great. When you first get your hands on it, the watch will seem pretty small compared to most Breitlings. Give it chance though, it's actually a great size, and comfortable, it should grow on you. If by chance it still seems too small, trade it on and get a 1500 or a 750, the larger case will for sure please you!
    Time In likes this.

DCJ
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirling Moss View Post
    First of all many many congrats. Doxas are just great. When you first get your hands on it, the watch will seem pretty small compared to most Breitlings. Give it chance though, it's actually a great size, and comfortable, it should grow on you. If by chance it still seems too small, trade it on and get a 1500 or a 750, the larger case will for sure please you!
    Thank you. That's interesting to hear. I'd like to hear your thoughts if you don't mind on this case size for me. I typically wear at least 44mm up to 47mm. The average is 44mm to 45mm. Will this model suit my tastes do you think? I was thinking that this particular watch with the flattened vintage style case made it around 44.5mm? Does it wear like that or wear smaller? I am typically not a fan of blue dial watches but this particular shade of blue caught my eye and although I'm strictly a bracelet guy I noticed this bracelet to be slightly different than the beads of rice bracelet. I'd really like a 300m but didn't want to all out spend that type of money not have ever owning a Doxa before. Do you think I should step it up a notch or stick with this piece? I know some of the Doxa are up to 47mm but I thought alot of their 1200 and 1500 were all 44.5mm case size. Am I correct by thinking that? I've done a lot more research over the past day since I'm know I'm working this deal out with my AD for my Oris Aquis Limited Edition Great Barrier Reef ll Diver so I'm quite excited to get this on my wrist but at the same time I definitely dont want to be disappointed by the size of the overall case. Like right now I'm wearing my current favorite watch which is hard to get here in the US but luckily two weeks ago I finally found a dealer who had just gotten one piece in brand new. I actually had been looking at this watch for over three years but didn't want to buy outside the US. It's a Certina DS Action Chrono Diver Automatic. Pic attached. It's 45.2mm. Will the Doxa wear somewhat close to this size? I have a 7 inch wrist but for some odd reason I am able to pull off larger watches which I highly prefer anyway. What do you think and thank you for your time.

Laso1 and Time In like this.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

The 1200 is approx. 42mm and the 1500 is 44mm. The Caribbean you chose is an excellent piece and is somewhat of a rarity amongst the reissues, as it has a metric bezel instead of Imperial. Like others have said, it will likely feel small compared to your Breitlings or the Certina, but with wear...it will feel just right.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I have had (and have) a lot of doxas:). While I seem to prefer the 750 size variants I do like the 1200 size also. I currently have the 300 50th anniversary and while initially it seemed a little small I really love it. I think you will really enjoy the 1200. It is a great piece.

I have a a Sub 1000T Professional Project AWARE 2008 No. 66 of 92. I also tend to like 44 MM case sizes but having said that my Doxa is regardless of it's smaller size one of my favorite divers. I first saw a Doxa in a dive shop in Florida back in the early seventies. Always wanted one and elected to go with the original size case back in 08. I could have gotten the larger case but elected to stay with what I considered more of a original design. Mine is one of the most comfortable on the wrist I own and Doxa bracelets are awesome!

you should probably go for a 1500 or a used 750 like others have said that one at 44mm still wears a little small. I think the 1200 which is 42 might feel too small for you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information