Interest Doxa Replacement Bezels in Hardened Steel.
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Interest Doxa Replacement Bezels in Hardened Steel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interest Doxa Replacement Bezels in Hardened Steel.

Who Would have interest in Exact Doxa Replacement Bezels In Hardened Steel, Polished surface will not be as highly polished as factory, Multiple Paint Color Choices, $250 price point.
    El Loco Norwegian likes this.

Re: Interest Doxa Replacement Bezels in Hardened Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by drifterproductions View Post
    Who Would have interest in Exact Doxa Replacement Bezels In Hardened Steel, Polished surface will not be as highly polished as factory, Multiple Paint Color Choices, $250 price point.
    I might be interested. That’s the part that gets destroyed first.

It would be a good idea to offer them in metric as well as imperial units for the dive tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Won’t happen doxa has a strict no parts policy believe me I’ve tried on many occasions to buy a simple part (a new crown and stem tube) the watch is even in warranty but the only way of buying is to send it in for them to do an accessment then do work ,I don’t want to do this as doxa service centre and communications doesn’t fill me with great confidence so I will put up with it as it’s not a major problem

Doxa won’t want spare bezels or any parts out in the wild ,if they did make a bezel which is highly unlikely
    first of all price will be at least 3 times that cost plus you would have to send it to them to change so they can melt the old bezel down so can never be reused
    Lack of parts is why I will never buy another doxa

By the way loving all the new exciting features of the new doxa forum well done moderators for all the hard work and long days it must of took
    MZhammer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    By the way loving all the new exciting features of the new doxa forum well done moderators for all the hard work and long days it must of took
    Go troll somewhere else.

The Patent is Public Domain Now, Confirmed by Our legal Team. These would be an Aftermarket Accessory Since Doxa does not want to supply parts, Which Coming from a Vintage Auto and Motorcycle Supply background, Could be a big opportunity. Have back up parts or parts not sold Originally with the watch, is a big Money making Opportunity for the existing market which is Huge. It would Only Pad the Coffers.

Gonna grab some popcorn and a stubbie, this could get exciting Lol!
    Seriously though, just how different would it look from the OEM high polished? I think a toned down polish would be perfectly acceptable. Hell, , even the OEM look a bit better in my opinion after they mark up and loose a bit of luster and take on a more uniform low polished or matte look.
    Monkeynuts likes this.

Thats exactly it, It doesn't have quite the mirror finish, I think an example can be seen in a couple Sinn models that have the Polished Tegmented steel.

Quote Originally Posted by drifterproductions View Post
    Thats exactly it, It doesn't have quite the mirror finish, I think an example can be seen in a couple Sinn models that have the Polished Tegmented steel.
    Like Damasko too. Their ice-hardened steel looks like Sinn's Tegmented: brushed gray or titanium-like finish. Seiko's Diasheild looks like it can be highly polished, but I think that's more of a surface treatment vs actual hardening.

It's an interesting idea, as the bezel is in many ways a weak spot for Doxa: they can easily scratch and the paint falls out.

On the other hand, the Doxa bezel seems to be well engineered: no play, perfect fit, and aligned. A viable replacement would have to be equal. Local watch makers need to be lined up who can make the change without damage to the highly polished Doxa case.
    Joe90 likes this.

The Sinns and Damascos you are probably talking about are sandblasted, not polished.

Sandblasted watches usually look better when they are sandblasted all over however, and not mix with polished and especially not with brushed areas like already present on the Doxa

Also I‘m not really certain these would sell all that well... Doxas are not exactly cheap watches like SKXs or Turtles where a lot of people would be happy to modify them with different bezels and stuff. People buying these watches are often after the looks of the originals.

What would certainly sell better though is a bracelet akin to the vintage pieces.
    Des2471, nepatriot and Sohl like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information