Isofrane on Doxa (or vice versa?) -- kind of a review, with pics
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Isofrane on Doxa (or vice versa?) -- kind of a review, with pics

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Isofrane on Doxa (or vice versa?) -- kind of a review, with pics

While I love a nice leather strap on my divers, I recently bought an Isofrane to see what all the hype was about. I was skeptical whether a rubber strap could be worth $100. Well, I am surprised, and happy, to report that I am thoroughly impressed. The Isofrane is a well-made strap. The rubber is thick enough to give it a manly look, but very supple for its thickness. I find the rubber to be softer than the Sinn U series rubber. The vanilla smell was a little strong for me at first, but it has mellowed in the last few weeks. The closely-spaced holes make finding a perfect fit easy, and the rubber is grippy enough that you can leave it a little loose without having the watch slide around. The screwed-in buckle is top-notch and doesn't protrude annoyingly like a pre-V (which I dislike immensely, BTW). I was worried that the square holes along the length of the strap would make it look fragile or delicate, but in fact they serve to reveal how thick this strap really is. My only complaint is that the keepers (2 sliders) are quite thin, and I worry they may not hold up over time. We'll see. Overall, I give it a B+/A-, which would be a strong A if it was $25 cheaper.

powboyz likes this.

Re: Isofrane on Doxa (or vice versa?) -- kind of a review, with pics

Very good review, I think I will have to get one for my 1000 T

"i am not a number I am a FREE MAN"
    "Nemo unquam me amicum et non aequo iudicio adflixerit me inimicus , quem non persolvi ."
    Omega Seamaster 120 REF. 366.0858, CAL. 1010
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50.00
    Heuer 2000 Automatic Chronograph 760.306
    1960s Omegs Seamaster gold with white face
    Steinheart Mach 1
    Steinheart Ocean 1
    Steinheart Ocean 1 GMT
    Breitling A13356 Chronomat Evolution
    Alpha Paul Numan
    Alpha PO Orange
    Chase-Durer UDT-1000
    Hamilton Automatic Chronograph
    Strela class 1 Chronograph
    Luminox 1992 Navy Seal
    Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono beadblasted on a watchadoo
    Orient Blue Mako
    SAS Combat Diver Ray Ruhal
    Zinex ME-109S
    Alpha mili sub
    Tao gold Dress
    Doxa 1000T pro
    Kemmner Octopus 2000
    INCOMIN

I love my isofrane! I wish my buckle was like yours. Mine says isofrane on the underside of the buckle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree with everything you said. It is by far the best rubber strap I've owned. I've got 2 of them, and I was the first one to pre-order a 20mm for my 1000T.
    We are how we treat each other and nothing more.

looks great! Love my isofrane too especially as I got it gently used at discount is it a A+ in my book :)

Mine says hi, on a Doxa too :) !!
    Spring-Diver likes this.
    ALEXANDER SHOROKHOFF Vintage 2 #22/99 | ALKIN Model One Blue LE | ALPINA Tribute to KM710 | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | DOXA 1200t Pro | FARER Lander & Pointing II LE #2/100 GMT's, Pendine Chrono | GSD 3A pilot | NODUS Retrospect | NORQAIN Adventure Sport | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | PELTONWatch Sector | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne Gen I LE PVD Auto, DiverOne GenII X 9 :) | SEIKO Turtles SRP777 & SRPD21 | SINN 103 | SPINNACKER Bradner Gen II | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr DDAY + Air Defenders Blue, Panda LE, Hulk Rosegold, Black PVD | TRASKA Freediver | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom, UNDONExPEANUTS Press Edition & Tropical Sahara | ZENITH Cronometro CP2 WWP LE #43/50 | ZODIAC GrandRally |

Preordered: Méraud Bonaire, Mercer Madison

hoppes, great choice for the T-Graph Searambler. I completely agree that it is a great looking combo.

Spring-Diver likes this.
    Dive watch fanatic since 1980

Having been a rebel all my life, I'll be the lone Isofrane holdout.

I'm not suggesting it's not a good strap, it is, I have one. You know, just had to have one! Simply put, it's overpriced imo. Why? Well, no craftsmanship went into them whatsoever. They're simply stamped out of a machine. I've had $8, $10, $15, $20, $30 rubber straps. You know what? Not one of them ever cracked, ripped or wore out. IF you really must drop $100.00 or more (like I did), be my guest. But at the end of the day, you're blowing $80.00 more than you need to.

Re: Having been a rebel all my life, I'll be the lone Isofrane holdout.

Dave, I can't disagree that they're expensive. However, I went through numerous less-expensive rubber straps of various sorts (Seiko, Modena, Panatime) before finally caving in and trying the Isofrane. Although those others were perfectly functional and looked great, they do pale in comparison to the Isofrane in terms of thickness and suppleness of the rubber, and quality of the buckle. So, while the Isofrane is expensive, one could say it's justifiably so.
    davidtsee likes this.

Admittedly, I was in a bit of a bad mood when I posted that. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Wow, great photos. Makes me want an Isofrane strap for my 300 Pro Reissue. I'll just have to slice off a little rubber to make it fit. Thx for posting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast