It's been a year since my first post and boy do I need help ! My collection so far...

Thread: It's been a year since my first post and boy do I need help ! My collection so far...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's been a year since my first post and boy do I need help ! My collection so far...

Hi All,

My DOXA adventure started exactly a year ago with my first post about my vintage 300t Sharky and since them its kinda snowballed out of control. I've spent a fortune, something I never thought I would do on watches, and I've got a few bargains along the way. I've only sold two (I think ) a vintage Nymph and a vintage Coralline but that was just to fund more vintage purchases. So a list of my years work :-

Sharkhunter (1st ever DOXA)
    Sharkhunter (Searambler redial)
    Nymph (sold to fund Professional)
    Nymph project (flooded and rusted solid.....nearly there now though !)
    Professional (1st grail, in box with links and hang tag)
    US Divers Aqua Lung (if I'm honest my least favourite)
    Spirotechnique (completely re-built)
    Coralline (sold to fund Divingstar)
    Divingstar (nicer in person than pictures will ever show)
    Nymph (currently getting full service)
    Conquistador (grail I managed to badger GQ into selling )
    Professional (arrived in a bag of bits)
    Seamaid

I thought I would share three of my little collection today.......

Firstly, this is the one I am most proud of, is my daily beater/wearer 300t professional. I have just got this back today after having the movement re-built (17 replacement parts needed !) and a brand new set of hands fitted. I really love this watch and have no fear of scratching/banging it as I put it together myself from a sorry bag of bits

Second up is my grail of grails my Conquistador. I know its not all original but its as close as I will ever get to the 100% original and its my star of my collection. I can't really believe I've actually got it and its pictured in THE book in it's original form.

And finally this is my latest aquisition which arrived today (thanks Alun ) Its a Seamaid thats been through the wars. I've cleaned it up and replaced the autowinder and added a non-Doxa seconds hand (the original is missing). After a bit of cleaning, the watch is in excellent condition except for the dial which someone has tried to hand paint etc etc. Its perfectly serviceable and does not look bad when on the wrist but I think a re-dial will be needed in the future. My wife really likes this one (at last )

As a little extra here's a scary group shot (Nymph M.I.A at Horologist)

Well the last year on the Doxa Forum has been excellent, I've learned loads and got to know a lot of people and made some real friends, so......

Thanks to Doxa for the forum and the watches, Thanks to the Mods for keeping the peace, Thanks to all the members who contribute to an excellent forum and finally Thankyou to Dr Pete for lighting the fire and to GQ for fueling it.......here's to another great year in Doxa land :thanks:thanks:thanks

Cheers

Simon
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Re: It's been a year since my first post and boy do I need help ! My collection so far...

Not too shabby at all Simon

What a way to fill a year and empty a bank account

Health to enjoy every one of them.

Pete

Re: It's been a year since my first post and boy do I need help ! My collection so far...

That's a very respectable collection there Simon. Thanks for sharing.

Now how about sharing your address and your work and vacation schedule.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GGD

Wow!!!

Congratulations Simon on an awesome collection and a great year of chasing down your dream watches.

Thanks to you for all your input into the forum..... I'm just a newbie with no idea so I love to hear the advice from all you gurus.

Enjoy your passion.... there's no pockets in a coffin so may as well spend it while you can

Looks good Si. You have a good start.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Hi Simon,

Thank you for posting your awesome looking collection. You certainly were on a tear this past year :) Well done. The Conquistador looks great.

Regards
    Scott
    "Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

Well done matey

Just stop buying those ladies versions ya big blouse !!

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

And thank YOU Simon, for the enthusiasm, passion and perseverance you bring to the Forum and the brand. You've built up a collection anyone would envy, and in the process you've saved numerous examples that might've been destined for the trash heap! The history of the brand is safe, as long as there are folks like you, Granite Quarry, Doc. Pete, Bernie, Jason, etal. You guys are the reason the brand will live on forever. Without the historic examples, the new SUBs would mean so much less.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Wonderful collection...you've really done quite well with a bit o' the vintage bug...Congrats!

regards
    Mark
    regards,
    Mark A. (aka msa6712)
    Phx, Az.

Thanks guys for all the nice comments I've had a ball hunting this lot down and I'm not finished yet

I think a "non safe queen T-graph" is needed as well as some Vintage Doxa Quartz which have eluded me so far.

Cheers

Simon
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information