I've been away, but in my absence...

Thread: I've been away, but in my absence...

I've been away, but in my absence...

So much has happened. I just discovered the 5000T last night, and my jaw hit the floor. The thing that first struck me was the name. I realize that a wristwatch of this caliber and presence should be spoken of in reverent tones, and would justify the careful enunciation of a name that doesn't roll off the tongue at all. I'm not sure how the name was established, but I think "BENTHOS" or something reflecting the depth capability would be more appropriate. Just as the organisms that live at the deepest reaches of the ocean's floor are named benthos, I thought that might sing a little quicker in a sales pitch. DOXA, I appreciate what you have done as a company, I appreciate your willingness to listen to your fans, and someday when I grow up and my bank grows up with me I would surely get in line for the 5000, but with all of the hustle and bustle behind closed corporate doors, is there an end in sight? Please slow the momentum a bit just shy of pumping out tradename lunchboxes and sponsoring "professional" athletes.
    “One person with courage makes a majority.”

DOXA forum moderator

Re: I've been away, but in my absence...

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    So much has happened. I just discovered the 5000T last night, and my jaw hit the floor. The thing that first struck me was the name. I realize that a wristwatch of this caliber and presence should be spoken of in reverent tones, and would justify the careful enunciation of a name that doesn't roll off the tongue at all. I'm not sure how the name was established, but I think "BENTHOS" or something reflecting the depth capability would be more appropriate. Just as the organisms that live at the deepest reaches of the ocean's floor are named benthos, I thought that might sing a little quicker in a sales pitch. DOXA, I appreciate what you have done as a company, I appreciate your willingness to listen to your fans, and someday when I grow up and my bank grows up with me I would surely get in line for the 5000, but with all of the hustle and bustle behind closed corporate doors, is there an end in sight? Please slow the momentum a bit just shy of pumping out tradename lunchboxes and sponsoring "professional" athletes.

Hi Troy, welcome back to the forum, let me give you an advise, just call it the SUB5000T.

The name Seaconqueror is a hommage to the original worlds first HRV watch, the Conquistador (Spanish of Conqueror) , I think neither roll of the tongue easily , but they sure will conquer the seas and the oceans on the wrists

take care and stay around

rick

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: I've been away, but in my absence...

Troy, welcome back!

I missed seeing your "Major League" signature.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Thread Information