Jenny Logo fell off my caseback today

Thread: Jenny Logo fell off my caseback today

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jenny Logo fell off my caseback today

Well 1st. let me say I was one lucky guy today. When taking off my Sub 600T Pro today after I opened the clasp I felt something fall off. The clasp looked good to my surprise, I found my Jenny logo sitting on my car seat. I was soooo lucky I wasn't out and about or it would have been lost forever. I called the help line and told them, they said to super glue it back. Well I guess it's the hardware store in the am. I think DOXA cust. service is FANTASTIC

Re: Jenny Logo fell off my caseback today

That happened to a lot of the 600's It's good you found it.
    DOXA 1976 SUB 300T Sharkhunter Synchron 2nd gen. (push-in crown)
    DOXA 2002 SUB 300T Pro reissue 927/1000
    "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life" --Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College, 1962

Wow, you're lucky!

I have a suggestion, feel free to ignore it. Superglue is great for some applications, but in my experience it is strong, though brittle when it's set... which makes it less than ideal for some uses. I don't think I'd personally use it for the logo.

I'd look for an adhesive that's strong, and flexible when set. Then shocks and the bumps of the bracelet/clasp hitting the caseback when you put it away won't have an effect. Personally I'd clean the heck out of both mating surfaces with rubbing alcohol, then I'd glue it on with a true silicon based adhesive, like the really smelly caulking compound ... none of that latex based stuff, get a REAL silicon adhesive. When it cures, you won't be able to pry it off that caseback!

Good luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the advice do you have any recommendations?? I was thinking of super glues quick setting metal epoxy. Thanks Ed

What about carefully applied JB Weld? I've never had that stuff fail.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

What does the case back look like without the logo?
    I would just save the logo and not put it back on.
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

It doesn't look good just an empty center. I will try and get a pic of it and post it. I was thinking of leaving it off, but you know how things go. I think in the years ahead it would get lost so I plan on putting it back on.

Wow...I had no idea that the logo is applied...I thought it was machined right into the caseback. Live and learn.
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1 View Post
    Wow...I had no idea that the logo is applied...I thought it was machined right into the caseback. Live and learn.
    The 600T is the only model where it's applied. IIRC, DOXA was wanting the case-back to have a richer, higher detail look, so they went with applied to best achieve that. Seems like the first ones sold had most of the issues. After it was recognized, they changed the adhesive type and the problem went away.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Interesting...anyone got a picture of their 600T caseback?
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information