Just purchased a 5000t COSC Sharkie and have a strap question

Thread: Just purchased a 5000t COSC Sharkie and have a strap question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just purchased a 5000t COSC Sharkie and have a strap question

First, let me say I am on pins and needles waiting for my Doxa to arrive - though I just bought it about an hour ago. I am a long-time Seiko fan and a dedicated Omega owner, but I've been stalking a Doxa off and on for a few years. I can't wait to get that sweet thing on my wrist!

While I anticipate the new Doxa bracelet to be of substantial quality, I am curious about my options. Will the Doxa-branded orange rubber for the 750t fit the curvature of the 5000t case? I see the lugs are the same, so I would love to pick one up if possible.

Or should I hold out for an orange Isofrane?

Thanks!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Just purchased a 5000t COSC Sharkie and have a strap question

Quote Originally Posted by theimitator View Post
    First, let me say I am on pins and needles waiting for my Doxa to arrive - though I just bought it about an hour ago. I am a long-time Seiko fan and a dedicated Omega owner, but I've been stalking a Doxa off and on for a few years. I can't wait to get that sweet thing on my wrist!

While I anticipate the new Doxa bracelet to be of substantial quality, I am curious about my options. Will the Doxa-branded orange rubber for the 750t fit the curvature of the 5000t case? I see the lugs are the same, so I would love to pick one up if possible.

Or should I hold out for an orange Isofrane?

Thanks!
    The 750T strap will fit, but it takes modification. You'll have to sand the curvature with a Dremel tool, and depending on how good you are with a Dremel, the results may vary. The Isofrane is the easy way, and congrats on a super watch.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Thanks for the info. I'm not much of a Dremel man, so I'll heed your advice.

P.S. nice shots of the Jenny in the Caribbean. Looks like a fun trip!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I did the strap modification for my Sharkhunter. It didn't take too much and it worked just fine. Actually looked very good and in my opinion fits better than the Isofrane. The watch on the bracelet with the strap as extra is still here in Ontario. If you want I can see if the guy that has it wants to ship you the strap already modified to fit the 5000.

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theimitator View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm not much of a Dremel man, so I'll heed your advice.

P.S. nice shots of the Jenny in the Caribbean. Looks like a fun trip!
    Glad you liked the photos of the Caribbean. For the dive watch enthusiast, who dives, it's a trip that can't be beat.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    I did the strap modification for my Sharkhunter. It didn't take too much and it worked just fine. Actually looked very good and in my opinion fits better than the Isofrane. The watch on the bracelet with the strap as extra is still here in Ontario. If you want I can see if the guy that has it wants to ship you the strap already modified to fit the 5000.

Michael
    hi Michael,

just sent you a pm.

Banned

A NATO Gray-Black (Skunk) fabric strap would look good on it with stainless steel keepers. A Black Isofrane is a good option also. 5000T COSC is top of the tree and I enjoy my professional version. The watch has some weight to it and the bracelet construction all way round is superb. Well done and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mondrayuk View Post
    A NATO Gray-Black (Skunk) fabric strap would look good on it with stainless steel keepers. A Black Isofrane is a good option also. 5000T COSC is top of the tree and I enjoy my professional version. The watch has some weight to it and the bracelet construction all way round is superb. Well done and enjoy!
    thanks! I have one or two NATOs that I'm sure will get some consideration...

The watch arrived over the weekend and I absolutely love it. Michael, thanks for putting me in touch with Wade; I'm currently awaiting the modified rubber strap and will post pics for reference once it arrives. Not that there's anything wrong with the bracelet, though! The build quality is fantastic -- and the ratcheting clasp is perfect for here in Chicago, where the weather can fluctuate dramatically daily.

When I learned that the SUB 5000t weighs in at 219 grams, I was a little apprehensive. I once had an Omega SMP Chrono that I had to let go because it was so freaking heavy. But this watch is so beautifully balanced that it wears much lighter than it should.

And the AR coating on the crystal kicks off a wonderful blue hue at particular angles -- just stunning.

Lastly, I wanted to mention how well it fits under the cuff. Here is a quick and dirty pic on my 7.25" wrist (again, the size strikes the perfect wrist presence) -- apologies for the smudges on the bezel!:

Of what I read as I stalked my first DOXA purchase, I didn't know how comfortable and refined this watch is! It is a solid choice -- and I'm already contemplating my next (750T Searambler? 600T-Graph? )

Oh boy, Justin you got the bug! I can see it. Be careful cause it can get really unhealthy...for your wallet.
    The 5000T Sharkhunter is a beautiful watch. It was a difficult decision for me but Wade is a nice guy and I was really after a 4000T Pro Sapphire Bezel so I let it go.
    Personally, even thou I modified a bit the 750 strap and I dove with it in cold as well in warm waters, I still prefer the bracellet. It is beautifully crafted and balanced. I even modified one and put it on my 40th Anniversary T-Graph Pro. It looks great and balances the watch perfectly.
    But the 750 strap is a perfect addition and I hope you'll enjoy it on your watch.

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information