Kurt Austin is now a Doxa man
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By RandM
  • 1 Post By subkrawler
  • 1 Post By John Abel

Thread: Kurt Austin is now a Doxa man

Kurt Austin is now a Doxa man

For those of you who read the NUMA Files as well as the Dirk Pitt series you will be glad to know that Kurt Austin has gone from a Chronosport UDT to a Doxa. In the 11th Book, Zero Hour, Kurt looks at his trusty Doxa. There is also enough Dirk Pitt in the book to tide us over until Dirk has a new story of his own. Happy reading fellow Cussler fans.
    trinity027 and Steve Tracy like this.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Kurt Austin is now a Doxa man

Quote Originally Posted by RandM View Post
    For those of you who read the NUMA Files as well as the Dirk Pitt series you will be glad to know that Kurt Austin has gone from a Chronosport UDT to a Doxa. In the 11th Book, Zero Hour, Kurt looks at his trusty Doxa. There is also enough Dirk Pitt in the book to tide us over until Dirk has a new story of his own. Happy reading fellow Cussler fans.
    Awesome, I'm going to the book store tomorrow. Did he mention which one? With Dirk wearing an orange Pro, it would be cool if Kurt chose a different color.
    Last edited by subkrawler; June 8th, 2013 at 07:32. Reason: typo
    trinity027 likes this.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Thats so funny. I actually saw the new CC book in the store and picked it up tonight. Kurt should have been rolling with a Doxa long ago.
    trinity027 likes this.
    Current rotation include:

DOXA SUB600T Dirk Pitt #1021/3000
    DOXA SUB750T Caribbean #226/250
    DOXA SUB 1000T Divingstar COSC #3002/5000
    DOXA Aquaman
    Tag Heuer Formula One
    Citizen Hyper-Aqualand
    Seiko SKXA61 "Orange Knight"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No it doesn't say the color, but I'm thinking it's either an old one with tritium or the new 800Ti because it references a couple times him seeing it glowing in the dark or the illumination from his watch being the only illumination available. I don't know that any with the traditional lume would provide the glow that the book references after being in the dark as long as it says he is.

I agree completely, Dirk Pitt shoulda talked Kurt Austin in a Doxa a long time ago!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBPilot View Post
    No it doesn't say the color, but I'm thinking it's either an old one with tritium or the new 800Ti because it references a couple times him seeing it glowing in the dark or the illumination from his watch being the only illumination available. I don't know that any with the traditional lume would provide the glow that the book references after being in the dark as long as it says he is.

I agree completely, Dirk Pitt shoulda talked Kurt Austin in a Doxa a long time ago!
    Then I guess only Clive knows.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Then I guess only Clive knows.
    Yep, either him or Graham Brown (who co-wrote this one).

Now now... let's not be too quick to dis the Chronosprt UDT. They're pretty [email protected]$$ watches.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Thread Information