On land now…Doxa Sub 5000T COSC Sharkhunter!
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: On land now…Doxa Sub 5000T COSC Sharkhunter!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

On land now…Doxa Sub 5000T COSC Sharkhunter!

JAWS!! Quick…call the Sharkhunter! Doxa Sub 5000T COSC Sharkhunter that is! At the “suggestion” of my wife to lay low on my addiction for a couple of months…I’m back with a vengeance with a Doxa Sharky! I’ve loved the 5000T series having had a Pro & Caribbean but sold them both. I felt owning a Doxa meant go color. But after having all three colors, the Sharky is a keeper. I love the fact I was able to find a COSC model knowing Doxa will no longer utilize the upgraded movement. I can pair this with my 2005 600T-Graph Pro and my Doxa collection is now complete! Or is it????

Last edited by 1watchaholic; March 24th, 2013 at 00:17.
    Vincent Kolakowski and Genebe like this.

Among Addictions...None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: On land now…Doxa Sub 5000T COSC Sharkhunter!

I think the 5000T Sharkhunter is the nicest, classiest, dressiest, or whatever you want to call it, Sub that DOXA has made to date. With the black dial, if someone wanted something to go from wet suit, to business suit...this would be it. Yours being COSC, just bumps it up a little higher.

When I was contemplating putting a 5000T in the collection, after leaning heavily toward a Caribbean, I decided on a Pro. Having four blue DOXAs in the collection already, I figured I needed to mix it up a bit. As you've found w/ your T-graph, a DOXA collection isn't complete without some orange.

Attachment 1020244

It even goes under from time to time.

Attachment 1020247
    Last edited by subkrawler; March 24th, 2013 at 15:23.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Cool my friend…a "REAL" diver!! Yeah, everyone has to have at least one Doxa in the classic Pro (orange) color!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Well done - very good watch and a keeper. Top of the Doxa Sub tree for sure. I have the PVD version that was returned by the TV producers of Golden Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by mondrayuk View Post
    Well done - very good watch and a keeper. Top of the Doxa Sub tree for sure. I have the PVD version that was returned by the TV producers of Golden Boy.
    Yeah I think this one is flip proof!

Congrats on the new toy, and I too am favor the 5000T series (with the Carib and Pro). I'm not a fan of black face dive watches, but that Sharkhunter does look good.

Hmm...the mind churns...but I also like the new 4000T Sapphire Bezel...decisions, decision, decisions.
    The silent world awaits.

Doxa 5000T Professional, 5000T Caribbean, 1000T Divingstar COSC, 4000T Sapphire Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
    Congrats on the new toy, and I too am favor the 5000T series (with the Carib and Pro). I'm not a fan of black face dive watches, but that Sharkhunter does look good.

Hmm...the mind churns...but I also like the new 4000T Sapphire Bezel...decisions, decision, decisions.
    Yep, soooooo many decisions! The 5000T Carib is a very close second to the Sharky. The silver markers on the Pro does not do it for me though. Too many other Pro models I like better i.e. 4000T Sapphire or regular!

"Doxa will no longer utilize the upgraded movement"

What is this? I hadn't heard that. Why would they do such a thing?

I had thought that someday I'd flip my 5000T sharkhunter when I ran across a COSC version. Now they are being eliminated?
    What exactally is Doxa's business plan for the future? Are they not moving upscale with the rest of the herd?

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genebe View Post
    "Doxa will no longer utilize the upgraded movement"

What is this? I hadn't heard that. Why would they do such a thing?

I had thought that someday I'd flip my 5000T sharkhunter when I ran across a COSC version. Now they are being eliminated?
    What exactally is Doxa's business plan for the future? Are they not moving upscale with the rest of the herd?
    Supposedly ETA is no longer going to sell the chronometer grade movements to anyone outside of the Swatch group.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Banned

Correct

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information