Long Term 800ti use?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By subkrawler
  • 5 Post By JBPilot

Thread: Long Term 800ti use?

Long Term 800ti use?

Looking to see if anyone has any long term or hard use feedback for the 800ti. Specifically, how has the polished titanium finish fared? Once some nice WUS user sells me his used 800ti Sharkhunter for a great price (wink, wink) I plan on using it as a daily driving tool watch including lots of outdoor use.

Re: Long Term 800ti use?

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt View Post
    Looking to see if anyone has any long term or hard use feedback for the 800ti. Specifically, how has the polished titanium finish fared? Once some nice WUS user sells me his used 800ti Sharkhunter for a great price (wink, wink) I plan on using it as a daily driving tool watch including lots of outdoor use.
    I use my M31 (mission worn by Fabien, of course) more than my 800ti, but they have the same bracelet. I try to be a bit careful with my watches, and I would not claim them "hard used". The only marks on mine is where the bracelet rubs against the clasp, or where a link has rubbed on another link. The clasp has a few marks, as would be expeced, but not that mush either. The polished titanium has held up very well, but as I said - mine are not hard used.

BTW, my 800ti Sharkhunter is for sale

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Like the Crazy Norwegian, I also have an M31. They share the same case as the 800Ti as well, and I've used mine hard for diving and daily wear for the past two years. There are some scratches, but it looks fine, and there is absolutely no paint loss on the bezel. I don't know why the titanium hangs onto the paint better than stainless steel, but it does. Go for the 800Ti, dive it hard, and I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Ninerzulu and Paul Ramon like this.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a 800ti that I've worn pretty much every day for the last 5-6 years (maybe more I can't remember exactly when I bought mine) it's been a champ for me! I've lived and played hard for those years and I don't think it's too bad scratched up. The paint on the bezel is great with only 7 1/2 numbers missing any paint. I'm a pilot but don't really ever take mine off for diving, fishing, hunting, or any other activities except golf. I found that I don't like the watch sliding on my wrist when I swing. I say if you can get a good deal on one go for it!

after all these years the only issues I've got are a broken spring locking bar for the rotating bezel and it's running 10-13 sec/day slow. It's due for a tune up but haven't been able to stomach not having it for the couple weeks it'll take!

here is a quick cell phone shot from today.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  1.62 MB
    Ninerzulu, NNW64, cuthbert and 2 others like this.

Thread Information