A Look Behind the Scenes

Thread: A Look Behind the Scenes

A Look Behind the Scenes

I know many of you have been members here on WUS for some time, but Ernie has felt compelled (with huge support from the Mod team) to give forum members a glimpse into the workings of WUS. Please visit this link, and read through it.

https://www.watchuseek.com/site/lookbehindthescenes.htm
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: A Look Behind the Scenes

Interesting read Jas, thanks for the post.

Must ad one thing to this - even Ernie is approachable - i had an issue once which he personally dealt with immediately and effectively. Great to see the boss still pays attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Interesting read Jas, thanks for the post.

Must ad one thing to this - even Ernie is approachable - i had an issue once which he personally dealt with immediately and effectively. Great to see the boss still pays attention.

Ernie is really a great guy. He definitely takes all these things seriously, and personally. You can tell it that he really dislikes it when someone needs to be banned.

He just wants everyone to get along, and to have a great time talking about watches
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

More needs to be said though. Ernie created, and has run this Forum for many years, at great expense and personal cost. He does it for the love of horology, and the camaraderie generated by a place like this. A school teacher if I'm not mistaken, he's found the time (!!) and funds (!!!) to keep this place running, upgrade software, purchase servers, hire and deal with IT types and continually seeks to see that things can run smoother and smoother. He's been criticized and attacked over the years too (it's a thankless world sometimes it seems) but has never wavered in his commitment to make WUS the best watch site on the internet.

Perhaps he's had the skill of dealing with difficult members/situations since he started. Perhaps he's acquired it over the years. Either way, when a question comes up of how to deal with something on a Forum, Ernie can be counted on to suggest the right course of action pretty much all the time. Many of us do the Moderator's job primarily because of Ernie. I know without his commitment and expertise behind it, WUS would be a mere shell of what it is, if it existed at all. We all owe him a debt for giving us this place to hang out and swap watch stories/info .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thread Information