THE MAGNIFICENT 7 (NOW 9 as of 06/23/13) 750T GMT Caribbean & 300T Seahunter Pro have been added!
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: THE MAGNIFICENT 7 (NOW 9 as of 06/23/13) 750T GMT Caribbean & 300T Seahunter Pro have been added!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned

THE MAGNIFICENT 7 (NOW 9 as of 06/23/13) 750T GMT Caribbean & 300T Seahunter Pro have been added!

I have to pinch myself to determine if this is a dream or real! This is not as good as winning The Lottery but as a private watch collector for the last 35 years and started with Doxa Subs since October 2012, my insanity levels have reached new heights during the process of collecting these. To describe me as a Doxaholic is an understatement as I am certifiable mental and have to check myself into an institution for flying at the seat of my pants.

Here is the latest:

1) I regretted selling my 1500T Stainless Steel and I did buy a PVD one thereafter, then sold it. The same steel one #0007 was up for sale about couple of weeks ago and I bought for $125 less than I sold it for!

2) At the beginning of this week I contact Island Time in Grand Cayman as I heard they were selling so new Doxa Subs 50% discount. So, I inquired. Low and Frickin' Behold they had a NOS 1000T COSC Caribbean for $1,395 all in including FedEx that is arriving this Monday with everything including the COSC certificate. I do not care that it is the smaller case for my 8.25 inch wrist as it is limited edition 100 pieces ever made!

Name:  COSC_caribbean1.jpg
Views: 1382
Size:  146.3 KB

3) Here comes the "kicker" - I went to Private Sellers here on WUS and saw a posting for this watch for $2,100 that was listed 10 minutes before I saw it. I effing well had to pull the ruddy trigger, didn't I? Yep galore - I PayPal'd the funds post haste without fear of contradiction having the courage of my convictions at the same time increasing my levels of insanity. Here is what it looks like!

Name:  doxa-sub-600t-graph-40th-anniversary-edition-sharkhunter-dial.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  165.6 KB

So, I have a Magnificent Seven of Doxa Subs out of which 5 are definitely Holy Grails - Maximum 3 different models that were produced as COSCs, 1500T Stainless Steel (50 of them made and no longer produced) and the best 600 T Graph ever made - 40th anniversary as close to the original T Graph.

OMG Big Time - Can someone please wake me up now!

Cheers!
    Last edited by mondrayuk; June 24th, 2013 at 04:07.
    Horoticus likes this.

Re: THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN ! THIS WEEK I HAVE DIED AND GONE TO DOXA SUB HOLY GRAIL HEAVEN !!!!!

I'm so glad I could help add to this stable of great DOXA. Enjoy the 600T-Graph, I will surely miss it!
    mondrayuk likes this.
    Current rotation:
    Rolex 116610 LV
    Rolex 116710 BLNR
    Rolex 16610 LN
    Rolex 16710 BLRO
    Tudor Black Bay GMT
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Seiko SRPC91 STO Mod
    Seiko SKX007
    Greg Stevens GSD-2A Bronze
    Casio G-Shock GW2310-1

Banned

Re: THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN ! THIS WEEK I HAVE DIED AND GONE TO DOXA SUB HOLY GRAIL HEAVEN !!!!!

My dear nellipj,

You are a scholar and a gentlemen having made me a happy man forever. This watch will be as secure as Fort Knox and will be treated like owning an original Ferrari California as one hell of a mf of a conquest!

I have to salute Dr. Peter McClean Millar for providing the best resources of Doxa Sub one can find. I have his books in print and electronic versions. I was supercharged when I read his material and learned very quickly about these models. The man is a genuis, a maestro and a guru.

I would also like to thank Andy Bard who is Doxa's contact here in USA as he has been a fountain of information and has had to put up with my insanity over the last few months as I have driven the poor bloke mad with questions. He has been a great guide.

Acknowledgements to Dr. Clive Cussler for being the unique man he is for what he does and has done in creating a cult following with his fiction character Dirk Pitt as well as his involvement with NUMA as well as Jean-Michel Cousteau president of Ocean Futures society, who is son of the famous Jacques Cousteau (no relation to Jacques Clouseau of The Pink Panther played by Peter Sellars and Steve Martin), as he is instrumental in helping to improve marine environment to make Earth a better long lasting planet.

As this is not a Hollywood tribute, I will not thank my producer, director, screen play writer or The Academy but I will thank my Doxa Sub WUS friends and those I have bought/sold these watches as well those who have been very kind enough to give me Likes for my postings and responses.

I sincerely hope that New Readers to this forum get inspired by those who volunteer their time to express passion for these watches by spreading Gospel Doxa Sub so it breeds more disciples to keep this brand going! It is a pedigree, rich in history and has a serious cult following.

Blessings to you all.
    Last edited by mondrayuk; June 15th, 2013 at 17:09.
    nellipj likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

well done, seven and counting, no slowing down now :)

Banned

Thanks David. I am not sure about the slowing down part as my collection has increased then decreased and now increased again. Sign of OCD, ADD, ADHD and any other psychotic behavior you would like to categorize. Doxaholic is definitely a prognosis.

Enjoy the 600t-graph! I saw it this morning and was licking my chops... Still enjoying the glow of my newly arrived 5000t Sharkhunter and decided to sit it out.

Banned

LOL - Your 5000T Sharkie is a great one to have and so enjoy!

Wow - some fantastic gets. Congrats!

Wow you hit the Jackpot Congrats! I used to be the original owner of the 1500T Professional - #0007. I sold it to buy the 4000T I have today.

Name:  Doxa Hawaii.JPG
Views: 587
Size:  105.4 KB

Banned

Thanks for that and 0007 is doing fine and dandy. It says "hello" to you and I am wearing it now!
    WatchDialOrange likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information