This may seem an odd question...

Thread: This may seem an odd question...

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

This may seem an odd question...

Especially coming from me :oops:. But I don't have a set of calipers for measuring inside lug dimensions.

The 750T, I've heard referred to as 21 mm between the lugs. But I also think I remember seeing someone say it was 21.5 mm.

Why would this matter? I've decided to try a Shark strap (sort of a Sharky on Shark thing ), and discovered that the source I will buy from has both 22 mm and 21 mm straps available. So I'm bound to decide between these two, instead of the usual 20 mm vs. 22 mm choice I normally have (I generally go 22 mm).

I know the Hirsch Liberty, though a bit tight, looks and works fine at 22 mm, so I'm inclined to go with that. But I wondered if anyone here has actually measured theirs, and if it is in fact 21.5 mm, or 21 mm (and should I go with a 21 mm strap?).

What says the hive mind?
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Re: This may seem an odd question...

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Especially coming from me :oops:. But I don't have a set of calipers for measuring inside lug dimensions.

The 750T, I've heard referred to as 21 mm between the lugs. But I also think I remember seeing someone say it was 21.5 mm.

Why would this matter? I've decided to try a Shark strap (sort of a Sharky on Shark thing ), and discovered that the source I will buy from has both 22 mm and 21 mm straps available. So I'm bound to decide between these two, instead of the usual 20 mm vs. 22 mm choice I normally have (I generally go 22 mm).

I know the Hirsch Liberty, though a bit tight, looks and works fine at 22 mm, so I'm inclined to go with that. But I wondered if anyone here has actually measured theirs, and if it is in fact 21.5 mm, or 21 mm (and should I go with a 21 mm strap?).

What says the hive mind?
    T Bone ... I would give Pete a call ... I'm sure he has measured it. If you need his phone number PM or email me.

John
    John M.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post

What says the hive mind?
    Hi T-Bone, thanks for the question and welcome to the forum. While I don't have the exact answer, I'm sure our friends at DOXA would be extremely glad to help. They're easily accessible, via "live chat", email, or the convenient toll-free number. Let us know what you find out, and good luck with the straps.

(sorry couldn't help it)
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

T Bone,
    My dial caliper is in inches. When I place the calipers on a steel rule calibrated in mm, it is 21mm for the inner lug width. Doxa says 21mm in their specs and that's good enough for me. Hope this helps. The endlinks are such a tiny bit under 21mm that you can't even fit a human hair between the lug and link. If you want the measurement in inches it's .830 inner lug and .825 outside of end link. That's pretty close tolerances in my book. BTW for comparison my steelfish 22mm end links are .863 in and lugs are .868 or precisely .005 in difference.
    I figured I'd throw that in for those doubting Thomases out there

Hope that helps.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Have the #, and haven't read or heard from him in awhile (maybe he's traveling for work again?). I'll give 'im a call. Thanks John
    Regards, T Bone.

Thanks for the warm Welcome! :thanks
    So many nice folks around here, I may just stick around .

Live Chat you say? A great idea, what will they think of next? I'll give it a go
    Regards, T Bone.

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the help. Interesting to know about the .005" difference on the end links too (5 mills must be just the right amount of clearance for the end links).

Looks like it's going to be the 21mm. I'll post pics when it gets here of course.
    Regards, T Bone.

T-Bone

I know OttoFrei sells this handy Bergeon template of lug width sizes. And Bergeon's stuff is so highly designed that you might be able to tell the difference in a half mm. I'd go with the 21 and see if getting it wet or just the wear and tear of everyday life doesn't cause the fibers to swell. Some leathers shrink with wear, while others swell a bit. I've found with nylon//zulu fibers they all swell to a larger size once wetted with water or perspiration.

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Hi T-Bone, thanks for the question and welcome to the forum. While I don't have the exact answer, I'm sure our friends at DOXA would be extremely glad to help. They're easily accessible, via "live chat", email, or the convenient toll-free number. Let us know what you find out, and good luck with the straps.

(sorry couldn't help it)
    Excellent Ty .. I sure had a good laugh over it.

Thread Information